1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Green: The New, Red, White and Blue hosted by Thomas Friedman

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by cwerdna, Apr 18, 2007.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  2. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I've seen the ads for it on Discovery Channel. I'll probably Tivo it, if I'm otherwise occupied Saturday night.

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i think it's a cool idea, promoting green-ness as patriotic. people still see the bigger-is-better aka wasteful lifestyle as the american way. maybe more things like this pervading into the popular culture medium (one of those being tv) will help people to realize it's not all that hard to be less wasteful.

4. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Apr 18 2007, 10:32 AM) [snapback]425415[/snapback]</div>
    In his interview on Charlie Rose (you can watch it at http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=36...+rose+friedman), he was promoting the same idea.

5. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Just a reminder... it's on tonight. For me, it's actually on right now thanks to DirecTV. (I believe I receive the east coast feed.)

6. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i saw the show and it was pretty good. had a lot of pros and cons presented for many different alternative energy sources. i have always admired Friedman's books and he has done a pretty fair and balanced job on presenting a very complicated and sticky issue.