1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Greenhorn!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Cassandra, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Cassandra

Cassandra ELECTRIC VEHICLE

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi. I'm from Victoria, Canada. I test drove a 2010 Prius and a 2010 Insight today and obviously I'm here on the PriusChat forums so we know who won that apples and oranges competition. I fell in love with the Prius and will be heading down to my local Toyota dealer with my fiance tomorrow to see if he's legible for financing. We bought a townhouse AND a 2009 Toyota Rav4 V6 Limited just last March so we're not totally sure if Toyota will finance us, as we may look like a potential risk. We're aiming for a Prius V, Technology Package. We're really hope to get into our dream Prius before September when we go away to the US on our honeymoon.

Everybody keep your fingers crossed and please hope the dealer will finance us! :)

2. LRKingII

LRKingII New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Welcome and good luck :)

3. LoraJ

LoraJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Good Luck!!! Hope it works out. And congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. :)

4. Prius 06

Prius 06 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    If that Toyota dealer is anything like ours here, they'll get you in the car.
    Good Luck!

5. Cassandra

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks guys. We're aiming for the 60 months thing apparently so it doesn't look so bad to them (1300/month compared to 800/month) and they'll be likely more to believe we can afford it. We certainly can, it's just my job isn't something Toyota would consider as legible income for the car.

We're going out this afternoon to see our salesman. Exciting! FINGERS CROSSED.

6. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Of course you've made the right choice in cars, but are you sure you couldn't get a better financing deal through your bank? Not to pry with what you do for a living, but I know from recent experience that banks in general are much kinder towards self-employed people than they used to be. It really helps to talk to two or three different financial institutions to see which one will give you the best deal.

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    :welcome: to PriusChat! Hope everything works out today! I'm also ordering a Tech Pack (We don't have models here in Canada so it'll be N/A for us. Just copy what I have in my profile. CA is for Canada, not California)

1 person likes this.
  8. Cassandra

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    They approved us!! Our 2010 black techno pack Prius will be ours August 24. Yay! :D

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    sweet! Congrats!