1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

greeting everyone from torrance

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Tanabe USA, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Tanabe USA

Tanabe USA New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    we just open this acount on prius chat, currently looking for a 2010 to do r&d session.

http://www.tanabe-usa.com/rnd.asp

2. HI MPG

HI MPG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm in the OC area, and Torrance is not too far away from me. I do have one question though. I am assuming you are testing parts on the Prius, so I want to know if installing any of the parts will void the factory warranty? Thoughts?

3. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    I guess their marketing team has weekends off
    :rolleyes:

4. HI MPG

HI MPG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I guess so... must be nice. Hahaha...

Your profile pict looks like the lakes at Mission Viejo? Am I close?

5. viprius

viprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I live in Torrance!

I too have the same question that HI MPG asked.

Also, how does this RnD benefits the car owner. I have 2 months old 2010 Prius. I may participate if it benefits me in some way.

Also, it does not void any warranty.

6. Tanabe USA

Tanabe USA New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry for the late response here.

In regards to your dealer warranty, the best person to answer that question would be the dealer themselves, as we're not familiar with their terms and conditions.

We DID speak to someone from the forum over the phone (not sure what his sn was), and to reiterate, we're not going to be doing anything that is irreversible, such as drilling, cutting, etc.

Again, for specifics on you warranty, please contact the one who gave it to you. However, if there are any other questions on what we will be conduction, feel free to PM or inquire via email at [email protected] . We check emails every morning.

P.S. here's the updated R&D Session URL: Tanabe USA R&D Blog | Research & Development Session Updates Day-to-Day
    All updates during the R&D Session will appear in this section.

Thanks!

7. deltron3030

deltron3030 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey gang, my name is David, I was the one who spoke to Michael over at Tanabe. Looks like they're gonna use my Gen III package 2 for the R&D in Oct. Looking forward to it! Michael was very helpful in putting to rest some of the concerns I had (a few of which I share with you guys, by the looks of it).
    The warranty and the possibility of permanent damage to my car were on my mind, and like it was posted, they assured me that no permanent changes would be made to my car in order to fit the parts. All parts apparently use existing holes and are 100% reversible. As for the warranty, The reversibility of the modifications as well as knowing that Toyota will have to prove the mods were an integral cause of a claim made me feel a bit better. That said, I'm very excited to see how this goes.

I've been a lurker here for a while now and use the info i get from priuschat a lot. I'll document the experience as best as I can (or am allowed) as a small means of giving something, albeit limited, back. Wish me luck!

8. HI MPG

HI MPG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Good luck to you David. Give us an update of how it went...