1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Greetings all!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Wingding, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Wingding

Wingding Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I bought a 2005 Toyota Prius and will "attempt" to get it up and running. Hopefully through careful guidance here, the Prius will be humming again! It was a nice cheap insurance deal..

Now for the bad news... ah.. It's been sitting around for 2 years plus..the front end was slightly "tapped" .. seems the force carried over to the top of the hood.. I'll need lights - a radiator. That I know for sure....

I did put a charge on the battery and to my surprise it held a charge of 12.8v ! But it seems to be the stock? I cant figure a stock battery sitting in a 2005 would be any good in the year 2011. But lets go from here. I was able to use all the power windows-horn-It seems to have plenty of power, so i dont think the battery is low.
    The car on attempted start will not show the ready light... Everything seems to light up but the warning red light is there also and that is also no good...
    I bought the Prius Shop Scanner Tool this morning to help assist with some codes and got the bentley repair manual.

I also got a report from the insurance company of what they needed to replace . But that is highly speculative... Of important things the Inverter assembly is checked off... But what exactly is that? I mean it could be anywhere along the line.
    Well Im guessing the Scan tool will help!
    I'll be sending photo's..
    I procured the 2005 rather cheaply and all im interested in is get it running... Appearance to a degree is not a concern.. It has 28,000 miles on it, so it is not to beaten.... except for a little "love nudge" ...
    It would be the Bomb to get this Bad Boy Running again!!!
    Hope to hear from you all when Im knee deep in denial and stumped beyond recognition!

2. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We wish you well, but you bought a car that the pros thought was not worth fixing. Be prepared to spend several thousands and weeks of work to make it road-worthy. It can be a fun project. It will not get you to Missoula next Monday.

For merely the most recent example of the fun that may lurk in a salvage see
    2008 Prius red triangle,check enginer light

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard! Hope you get that Prius running.