1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Greetings everyone, newbie here.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by AA540, Apr 5, 2004.

1. AA540

AA540 New Member

Wife and I drove a 2004 Prius yesterday and we ordered a 2005 #4 Seaside Pearl at MSRP. Wait time is 8 to 12 months, which is fine for us. The car will be for my wife who basically drives our kids to and from school and short local trips, lots of idle time in the car sitting and waiting at the kiss and ride. Gone are the days where kids were safe walking home from school, esp in my 'hood, (but that is another topic).

Nice board, hopefully I'll be seeing some Northern VA folks here and on the road.

AA
    95 BMW 540i - BMWCCA member
    96 Acura 2.5 tl - being replaced by the prius
    02 Honda Ody - only used for trips and hauling

2. rflagg

rflagg Member

Congrats! I drive a Black BC '04 Prius around the Springfield area in Northern VA. As pointed out, this car is worth the wait. Welcome aboard!

-m.

3. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Welcome to PriusChat!

It sounds like you have plenty of time to read up before you take delivery!

4. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I find this quite interesting as my local dealer said they have NO idea what colors or packages Toyota will make for 2005 and won't for many months. It seems reasonable that models will be generally similar to 2004 but that is an assumption.

5. bookrats

bookrats New Member

I assume any color changes to the 2005 Prius will be additions. They might (ah say might) be announced this week at the NY Intl Car Show.

6. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Dear AA540: Welcome to Prius chat. I learned a lot about the car from this chat line, including some ins and outs of the waiting process. Glad you are willing to be patient; the car is worth the wait as others have mentioned. The 2005 model year should be very very close to the 2004 according to the dealer I spoke to, so info about the 2004 model will apply to your car.
    I also have the Seaside Pearl and I love the color, even if I can't see it from inside the car.
    Consumer Reports, Car and Driver, and, of course Motor Trend Magazines, all love this car. Keep reading and posting your questions. I've met a few folks from the chatline and have found it fun and interesting to be part of a new ecological movement.
    Congratulations on choosing a Prius. What does "AA540" mean?
    Bob
    p.s. You might investigate small town dealers in your state; my experience is that the small town guys also get Prii but are more willing to sell at MSRP, no hassles, because their client base is too small for them to be jacking people around. Your dealer has promised you MSRP, but beware because they often jack the price up because of demand and offer lame and transparent excuses (some don't even make an excuse but admit frankly that they do it because they can get it).

7. AA540

AA540 New Member

I purchased (deposit placed) from a local dealership in Springfield, paid MSRP I'm pretty confident with the dealership have bought cars from them before. My salesperson told me that since the Prius was just redesigned that there are no major changes planned for 2005. No hassles what so ever, told me the msrp and no pressure on buying options.

I've have been following the Prius for several years now, before it was available in the States. I belong to IEEE and that is where I first learned about Toyota's hybrid car. I'll have to dig up some old Spectrum magazines and info from Toyota, I hope I did not throw it out.

You asked about the name AA540, AA is my initials and 540 is the BMW I drive. I use the same name AA540 on the BMW board that I visit http://www.bimmer.info/forum/ . The BMW is about 10 years old and a classic in my eyes, I dont really care for the new ones, hope to keep it for several more years.

There is one thing that I have gotten used to on my BMW that I have not seen on any other non BMW is the rear seat belts that latch outward. It makes it real easy to secure a small child in the back seat with out having to reach over him/her to undo a seat belt. I figure the Germans did this to save time for first responders, open the door and the belt release is right there. I would have loved to seen this on the Prius, but everything else top notch so I really cant complain.

AA

PS. Just got a call from my salesman, they have a white one available in end of May. I had to pass, my wife really wants the Blue. So hopefully it will not be 8 to 12 months.

8. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    This will happen over the next 8-12 months (being offered a color/option you didn't originally want. If your wife becomes amenable to other colors and options, you could be in a Prius before the stated waiting time. As I recall, the #9 option was the most widely selected, and Millenium Silver was the most popular color. I was getting ready to accept a silver Prius with a #1 option, but fortunately, my blue #7 showed up at another dealership.
    Blue was my first choice, but as the wait began to unfold and I realized how other people were snatching up whatever came along, I did some thinking and decided I could accept any of the colors. I listed them in order and informed my dealers. If you have a wider range of choices you stand a better chance. Since you aren't in a rush, you might as well wait for your color to come up.
    Keep us posted,
    Bob