1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Greetings from a new member and first time Prius owner.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by okiebutnotfrommuskogee, Mar 3, 2007.

1. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

okiebutnotfrommuskogee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi Group,

I just joined a few minutes ago. We have had our 07 Prius for two weeks, and are enjoying it very much. We had a 03 Civic Hybrid that we bought new in 02. The Prius is so much nicer. One of the things that I really enjoy is the ability to drive in stelth mode. Any time the civic was moving the gas motor had to be running.

I'll just sit back and read the postings for a while. I am sure that I can learn from them.

Warren

2. patrickindallas

patrickindallas Shire rat

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    hello...

and welcome...

i don't know much (being a new owner myself), but there
    ARE a ton of knowledgable people here...

congratulations on your purchase...

3. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(okiebutnotfrommuskogee @ Mar 2 2007, 09:16 PM) [snapback]399408[/snapback]</div>
    I am fairly new here too. I know what you mean about the Civic. I made the mistake of buying a 2006 Civic Hybrid, and I finally decided to bite the bullet and correct my error at whatever cost. But is wasn't that bad, becuase I will still get $3000 in tax credits on each car, and I only sold it for about 6,000 less than I paid, and I drove it for 12,000 miles.

Then, yesterday, I got a recall notice for the hona. They have a metal plate over the battery behind the back seat that can bend and short out the drive battery if passengers sit in the back seat. THe motor can stall unexpectedly, like when you pull into traffic in front of a semi or something.

I have not missed my 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid for one second, but I do wish I had remembered to take out the upgrade PIAA fog light bulbs that were $75 for the pair.

4. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(okiebutnotfrommuskogee @ Mar 3 2007, 12:16 AM) [snapback]399408[/snapback]</div>
    But the important part: What color did you go for?

5. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Mar 3 2007, 01:47 AM) [snapback]399431[/snapback]</div>
    My wife's choice was Silver Pine Mica with a gray interior, so that is what we got. (have to keep the "war department." happy). So we have a green "green car". I like it fine too and we have already had many compliments.

Warren

6. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

7. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoMoShocks @ Mar 3 2007, 12:23 AM) [snapback]399419[/snapback]</div>

Now that you mention it, I let my silverstar headlight bulbs go with my Civic Hybrid, and I still had the originals that I could have put back in. Oh well!

8. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(okiebutnotfrommuskogee @ Mar 3 2007, 01:16 AM) [snapback]399408[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome!
    Civic had a hybrid in 02 - 03 ??

9. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hill @ Mar 3 2007, 03:56 PM) [snapback]399595[/snapback]</div>

The Civic Hybrid came out in about April or May of 02. They were called 03 models. We got one on July 1st of 02 and had it until last Tuesday, when I sold it. It was ok, but the Prius is much better. My actual combined mileage for the entire time of ownership was 38.21 mpg. The Prius is already doing better than that.

They are a "mild" hybrid. Electric motor assist and regeneration, but it could not move without the gas motor running. I have read that starting with the 06 models they could run on electric in a limited amount. The gas motor and electric motor are directly connected so when one turns the other one has to turn too. Any way it is gone and I am enjoying the Prius.

10. elzire

elzire New Member

I'm new here too. I got my Prius a week ago Wednesday. On my second tank of gas. First tank averaged 46.7...and that's all types of roads, and single digit temps. This week is warmer, but fighting through heavy slushy snow. One day, though I averaged 50.2 and I was really psyched about that.
    I had ordered a green prius, but it was coming from another dealer, and the car carrier got into an accident and trashed my car. So, I ended up with a driftwood pearl. Like it fine.
    I've been lurking a LOT, and have ordered floor liners, and an xm radio from coastal, which I'm determined to install myself. I'm happy enough with the aux for my iPod.
    Do you have any plans to add to your prius?

11. Susanne101

Susanne101 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(okiebutnotfrommuskogee @ Mar 3 2007, 05:37 PM) [snapback]399620[/snapback]</div>

Elzire, I am new too. Super White with Package # 5. Definitely a learning curve for me. I really want to learn a lot and save money. My avg mpg so far is 39. something. I need to do better. I have had my car for one week as well.

Welcome to the group.

Susanne

12. elzire

elzire New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Susanne101 @ Mar 3 2007, 08:44 PM) [snapback]399704[/snapback]</div>
    Hi Susanne, thanks for the acknowledgement.
    I read the post on how to drive for the best gas milage...that helped a lot. I find that driving the Prius, I'm driving a video game, trying to keep the mpg mark at 100mpg.
    I'm coming from a Mini Cooper S (supercharged go-cart) so this is TOTALLY different. I'm loving it, though and feeling like I'm doing my part, driving at least, with the global warming problem. My daughter has a "grease car" ... a volkswagon diesel that she burns used grease from restaurants... what a stinky, messy mess that is. I'm wondering what kind of pollution that adds? She gets better "grease" milage than I do gas milage, that's for sure, though.

13. M. Oiseau

M. Oiseau 6sigma this

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(okiebutnotfrommuskogee @ Mar 2 2007, 11:16 PM) [snapback]399408[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome to Prius Owners of Tulsa, POoT! There are several people from Oklahoma on, and even some out-of-staters who bought in Tulsa, but I've been looking forward to another Tulsan in the forum.

Everything you ever wanted to know and more than you realize you should know is located somewhere in here.

Have fun!

14. jesart

jesart Junior Member

Welcome to the Priuschat Community! :D Enjoy your Prius and keep coming back here on Priuschat to share your comments/questions or concerns. Many interesting and helpful people here! Take it easy!

15. PorkchopPrius

PorkchopPrius New Member

Hey Elzire!! Another New Englander here, congrats!

16. D1CK1E

D1CK1E New Member

Hi fellow Tulsa Prius owner! I'm new too; just bought a black 2007 package #2 last month!

17. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Wow, the newbies are coming out of the woodwork. That's cool! Welcome to all of you.

You'll find the info and members here a great help. I encourage all of you to use the search feature to explore for information on your area(s) of interest, whether it's fuel economy, how the Prius works, accessories and modifications, etc. Be patient when you use it. As extensive as the archives are, one search may return dozens of threads, hundreds of posts. It might take a while to drill down to the relevant ones.

Good luck!

18. Bill Lumbergh

Bill Lumbergh USAF Aircraft Maintainer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My mom lives in Wagoner and has a grey '06 Prius. If you swing by the Sloppy Dog Wash in Tulsa you might see it. She's up there a couple days per week helping out my brother's business.

19. just_marci

just_marci New Member

Congrats, Warren!

I just got mine a week ago, too, but went for used. Silver 2004, #7 as far as I have figured out. I adore it! (I will admit to a bit of buyer's remorse in not just going for a 2007 model, but that's the way it goes...)

- Marci

20. Audio

Audio New Member

I have been reading from this forum and finally made a booking for a Bronze Mica Metallic 4S2 (In the US, that's Driftwood Pearl). So, I will be an new offical Prius owner by the end of this March.

(Audio)