1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Greetings from a Newbie PHEV Wanabie

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by kstitt, Sep 24, 2011.

1. kstitt

kstitt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Thanks to everyone for your informative posts on this forum. While I'm a newbie to this forum, I just got my fourth Prius. I'm am early adopter buying a 2001 model when it was first introduced. We were on the waiting list to get the 2004 on the first day gen II was released. Unfortunately that car was incinerated on October 23, 2003 in the devastating wild fires in So Cal. Our dealer was great to us. He put us at the top of the list for the next Prius delivered to his dealership. There was a long waiting list at that time. We still have that Tideland Pearl 2004 with 100,000 plus miles.

We just got a 2011 Prius III Blizzard Pearl with a sunroof and Nav. Those were my wife's specs. We are into birding and a sunroof is a nicety when scanning the sky for raptors. Our car often acts as a birding blind.

I was contemplating waiting for a 2012 PHEV, but decided to get the 2011 for her now. I am considering a plug in conversion for our 2004. That is my main interest learning about the various choices available. I have checked out the postings on the PHEV forum and have learned much. I will appreciate suggestions from anyone.

BTW, I just ordered a front and rear window sun shield from the PriusChat Shop.

2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    :welcome:

Welcome!