1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Greetings Prius C owners~ Joined to find-EZ fix for loose black rubber seal (roof drivers side)

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Marlene Munroe, Aug 7, 2023.

1. Marlene Munroe

Marlene Munroe New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Love my Prius C, 2016 three model. love the DIY ez fixes for changing filters, vacuuming the 3rd one and keeping my baby in tip top shape. Just stopping in to learn how to DIY my top rubber seal, drivers side rooftop loose issue! Not a huge problem overall.

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats and welcome. I hadn't heard of this seal problem. Any chance you can share a photo that shows the problem?

3. rjdriver

rjdriver Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    If it's the rubber strip that runs in the drainage channel over the two doors on top of the car, I had the same problem. I believe its just a friction fit and can be pressed back in with your fingers. If that doesn't work, there may be clips on each end that need replacing. The only time I had issues with mine was after going through an automatic car wash. The brushes loosened it up. Pushing it back was all that was needed.

If that's not it, please explain further.

4. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    If it IS that rubber strip and fills the channel meant for mounting a rooftop luggage rack........
    then you have two choices:

Get a new one from a dealer. Actually get both and replace both sides as they shrink with heat and age.

Or get some body emblem cement or silicone RTV and glue it back in place in a few spots down along
    each edge.
    It only snaps firmly into a clip at each end.

5. ElSteverino

ElSteverino New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    This was a problem on the drivers side of my daughter’s 2013, I put some butyl tape under the section that lifted up and she hasn’t had a problem since. I can’t post a link, but search Amazon for “zxmt butyl tape”. I used the stuff that looks like a black cord.

good luck