1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Greetings!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by capstick, Jun 25, 2007.

1. capstick

capstick New Member

My hippie sister in California bought one last year - I forgave her. Then I drove it. Not bad.

Now the wife likes it and gives me the look. Just ordered her Seaside Pearl Touring package #6 on Saturday. I feel like I've left for the dark side.

I'll probably be buying a Mac next month (tongue planeted firmly in cheek).

Anyway, my name is Allan and I need support!

2. priussoris

priussoris New Member

Welcome to the DarkSide :D
    Later you will ask yourself "why didn't I do this sooner" Hope you like it.
    w
    We have a blast with ours and are able to go a lot more places than before since we were only getting 13 mpg and now it's a solid 53-56 mpg

Enjoy the new ride when you get it

3. priusmaybe

priusmaybe New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congratulations.

Why didn't you buy a Mac sooner?? ;)

4. iDonna

iDonna Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allan1 @ Jun 25 2007, 02:04 PM) [snapback]467661[/snapback]</div>

5. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Welcome Allan. You'll most likely enjoy the new ride plenty. And you don't even have to feel like a liberal hippy douche while driving it. Plenty of people on this board park their Prius next to gas guzzlers in their garage.

Support, you'll find in spades here. Remember to search first, ask questions later, because chances are, if you have a question then someone else has asked the same question before!

6. chogan

chogan New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allan1 @ Jun 25 2007, 02:04 PM) [snapback]467661[/snapback]</div>
    Consider these:

1) Detroit offers nothing like it (yet).

2) Forget the reputation, look at the data. The car is stunningly efficient compared to the alternatives. For the 2006 model year, after Honda discontinued the Insight, using the EPA ratings at the time, I calculated that the most fuel-efficient new car you could buy, that you could use to drive six adults around in comfort, was ... 2 Prii. Half the Prius EPA was better than any 6-seat-or-better new car. That's how much ahead of the pack this car was, and largely, is.

C) For some people who do primarily urban driving, the savings on gasoline make it a cheap car over the long run compared to other new-car alternatives. That's how it worked out for me, at least - it turned out to be the cheapest car I would consider driving my family around in, in terms of total cost of ownership.

This ignores the clear enviromental and possible national security benefits from burning less gasoline. And, for some of us, the fun you can have trying to drive it as efficiently as possible.

Bottom line: It's not just a different car, it's a better car.

7. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Allan,

If you need emotional support, drive to Ann Arbor and you will feel at home.

Congrats!

8. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allan1 @ Jun 25 2007, 11:04 AM) [snapback]467661[/snapback]</div>
    Oh my! I bought my Prius in January, and didn't think there was anything hippie about it.

But yesterday, I started thinking about buying my first Mac. And I didn't even make the connection until I read your post.

I hope if I do decide to get the Mac, I won't end up going Vegan too quickly.

Wecome Alan.

9. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Congrats Allan and welcome to the forums!

Here's your support:

[​IMG] ;)

10. ZA_Andy

ZA_Andy Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoMoShocks @ Jun 25 2007, 03:22 PM) [snapback]467717[/snapback]</div>
    You should be safe - I have a Prius and many macs, but no inclination towards becoming vegan. Mind you, I had the Macs first.... perhaps the order of purchase is important.

11. capstick

capstick New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusFTW @ Jun 25 2007, 03:35 PM) [snapback]467724[/snapback]</div>
    It's nice to be among fellow smart a**'s!

The wife bought two Imacs for her preschool this spring. "They are sooo cute"! (need I mention this was her quote?). Guess who was tasked Mr. IT? I got to set them up, load the software, etc.

They were kinda cool lookin. I imagine one's going to show up on my doorstep looking for a home one of these days. She thinks PC's are ugly now.

Excuse me. I need to go find something manly to do.

12. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoMoShocks @ Jun 25 2007, 12:22 PM) [snapback]467717[/snapback]</div>
    Prius: check
    Vegan: check
    Computer: PC

Nothing wrong with Vegan. Not sure what the connection is with Macs, however....

13. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    hey Welcome, you'll love the car once you get it!

14. Zoozoo3

Zoozoo3 New Member

Have had Macs only forever (why does ANYONE use a PC??), bought my Prius 19 days ago, no way am I becoming a vegan. I am addicted to this site and loving the sense of community. For me, my Prius was the right car at the right time for many reasons - despite hubby's resistance originally. This site was incredibly helpful in convincing me that we should "move toward the light." Once he rode in it, he got hooked on how exciting the technology is and now is the first one to pipe up about it in mixed company. LOVE BEING A PRIUS OWNER!

15. nytimez

nytimez New Member

I realized I turned a serious corner in my life last week when I was driving my Prius to the organic food market... probably people who've known me never would have seen that one coming.

16. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Welcome to the site fellow smart a$$. Now you can start tweaking the car for better mpg. Look into getting the rear bumper applique (either the clear one or the black rubber one) to protect the top of the rear bumper. Maybe someday your wife will grow up and get a real computer. :p

17. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allan1 @ 2007 June 25 11:04 AM) [snapback]467661[/snapback]</div>
    No, no, you're leaving the dark side. Prius good. Mac good. :)

18. alexilic

alexilic Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    1) Bought my first Mac(still have it and trouble free) 5 years ago! As they say.. "Once you go Mac, you don't go back" :lol:

2) About the same time, started being health food concious... lot's of Organics and so on.. but not vegan

3) bought my Prius a few weeks ago!! Wow, why didn't I do this sooner?? :eek:

Oh, and I'm a MANLY general contractor in Chi town!! Have 2 kids and a minivan(come on Toyota, bring the hybrid minivan!!!) and love showing up on jobsites with it. If they say something, I just tell them the extra gas that I would be spending will come out of THERE PROFIT!! They shut up pretty quick.. :lol:

Attached Files: