1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Grey or Beige Leather?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by windstrings, Nov 5, 2005.

1. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I know I want the Barcelona Red Metallic, but I"m torn between the color for the leather package?
    I can see either color looking nice with Barcelona Red?

I presently live if a cool climate.. but could move.. so climate is not an issue for me...
    I'm mostly concerned with looks and sex appeal along with longevity and cleanability....
    I won't have dogs in the cars and limited on the kids... so I won 't be trashing it, but here in washington state its rainy alot.
    I can steam clean.. but I dont' want it to be a continual fight to keep it looking nice either?

I have creamy colored carpets in my house and I really have to stay on top of them to keep them looking nice?

With all that being said... I would please like opinions from owners who have had the biege and/or the grey.
    I know leather is a new thing... maybe you had that color in a camry or similiar?

If not... please comment on the color irregarless of leather being involved.

Do you have any regrets, do you really like what you choose and why?

thanks for your comments.

2. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It has been my experience that the darker the color the more dirt shows. My beige interior/red exterior Acura always looked much cleaner than my dark grey Honda interiors.

Many manufacturers have paired beige interiors with red cars over the years as the colors do go together very well.

On the other hand ........ isn't the dashboard going to remain dark grey or are they going to do a beige dash too? If, not I don't think beige leather would look good with a grey dash. The grey would look sharp with tinted glass too.

Sure was easier back in Henry Ford's day -- Black

3. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Good point!.. with a little digging on google.. I found this...
    http://hybridcars.about.com/od/photogaller...iusphotos_8.htm

I guess the good point is if you like a two tone.. if thats your bag.. otherwise it may not be desireable.
    My personal taste says that a Barcelona red will match both the grey and and beige colors to give a nice two tone accent... I don't really like the green they portray.. my wife does though... since its my car.. I get to veto!

This picture does make me feel like a grey would be too dark... seems like thier grey is really grey!

4. moonbeam

moonbeam New Member

I have the same concerns about keeping the light beige leather clean. I'm planning on getting the seaside blue, and I admit the light beige would look nice.

I have been trying to find pictures of the grey leather on the web. No luck so far.

Anyone have a link?

William

5. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

I haven't seen it either..... my brokers has two rigs with beige leather... the swares they stay much cleaner than the dark... I decided to go with beige... I think it will make the car look bigger and brighter inside too.
    Dark grey leather would be pretty too.. very luxurious looking... but also very hot in summer.. the dash is already grey.... that would be too dark everywhere...
    by getting beige I get both colors... I like variety anyway.

6. olcorral

olcorral New Member

Has anyone seen a Toyota leather package that is offered in both grey and biege? When I bought my Tundra back in 02, the only leather offered was the "Oak" -Toyota-speak for biege. And by the way, it has stayed very clean for me over the past 3 years. I actually prefer this color over the grey given the choice...

7. moonbeam

moonbeam New Member

Thanks for your input. On further consideration, I think what you say makes a lot of sense.

As you can tell, I'm new here.

I'm going to put in my order for a 2006 seaside blue, option #8 this weekend.

My honda accord is 10 years old. It's time for a change.

William