1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GROM USB + Droid 2

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Imposter, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Imposter

Imposter Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have the GROM USB2 installed. I had the firmware revision 51 before August. Since the latest revision came out, I (think I) updated. I can't get the track number to display a revision number any more, even after pulling the fuse (#39) to reset.
    But that's not my question. I am trying to gain access to the media on my Droid 2 phone. In the root of the phone's SD card, I have a config file "GROMUSB2.CFG" which contains "r= \media\audio". Also in the root of the card is that folder: media, and within it, audio. In audio, I have three folders, notifications, ringtones, and Radiolab. (The first two are not important to me, but the third contains mp3 podcasts I'm trying to access.) So far, I can't get the GROM to see the Droid. I have the Droid set on USB Mass Storage mode and the GROM on USB, as per the instructions from GROM support.
    If anyone has this working, can I get your specifics? Anyone have any things to test? I tried adding another "\" after audio in the config file, to no avail.

Thanks.

-Imp

2. Imposter

Imposter Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The many steps of the solution, although it's not complicated:
    The Droid must be in USB Mass Storage mode, with USB debugging turned OFF.
    The folder that you want designated as the root for the GROM can only be in the root of the SD card. So in my case, I moved the Podcasts folder to the root of the card. Within Podcasts should be each folder you want seen as a virtual Disc in the car stereo. In my case, it's just one folder for now, 01-Radiolab.
    Also in the root of the card should be the configuration file called GROMUSB2.CFG. Create it in any text editor with the following format: r= Folder [return] This is what worked for me, with no slashes anywhere in the text. Mine says r= Podcasts with a return after it, so that the cursor of the text editor is on the next line when saving.
    This is what worked for me. The GROM now sees only one Disc/folder, the one called 01-Radiolab.

Alberto at GROM was very patient and helpful in getting this to work for me, so I wanted to share the results. I think the technicalities should work on any similar device.

-Imp