1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ground point for amp?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by justme1, Dec 2, 2018.

1. justme1

justme1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Business Edition
    Hi I was hoping to get some advice on a suitable ground point for an amp please?

I was thinking under the rear seat but a bit unsure as the hybrid battery is located there, any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Hybrid battery doesn't change much... you can still use just about any bolt head or exposed tab you want. Just take note of what is actually part of the floor and what is part of the battery case or cover panel and pick something that doesn't need to be removed for other service.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The wiring diagram has a section showing where all the existing ground points in the car are. There are a lot, so probably one is near where you would want. If I remember right, the factory ground points are secured with thread-rolling screws, as opposed to the thread-cutting screws used elsewhere for mechanical attachments, so there should be a conductivity advantage at the intended ground points. (Not to mention that you also end up with harness grounds in parallel with your connection to the body.)

-Chap