1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

grounded our Prius out on a tree stump

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jendbbay, Jul 16, 2010.

1. jendbbay

jendbbay Member

Hey everyone. We've had no problems with our Prius until now. Now we have two. My previous thread is about a brake chort, chirp, noise, and is not a result of the incident I describe here, as the incident followed the onset of the noise. In short, we ground out on a tree stump in the very crude camp ground road. The stump hit somewhere in the middle of the underbelly of our previously perfect Prius. We hit fairly hard, but were going slowly at the time. I looked back and saw a part fall to the side of the car. We snatched it up. It appears to be a cover for some cables, electical wiring. it is about 4.5 inches long and about 2 inches wide, and is molded to snap onto some type of wires. Maybe there are 4 wire molds in this thing. Any clue? I will be taking it in to the dreaded dealer, but would like to have some idea what I am dealing with before they get a hold of the car and our money!

2. kenmce

kenmce High Voltage Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Simplest thing is to put the car up on jackstands, or go to any garage, put it on a lift, see if they can secure the piece back where it came from, take a look around and see if anything important looking is dented. You can go to a dealer later if there's anything a regular mechanic can't fix.

If you now have a bright orange cable exposed, that is a high voltage line, that would be a dealer repair.

3. mikee1159

mikee1159 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Prius does not make a good SUV (yet). Sorry for your mishap.