1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Group Buy #001: WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by Danny, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Product: WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors (front & rear set) for ’04 – ’05 Prius
    MSRP: $89.95 (USD) + S&H ($9 & up)
    Special PriusChat price: $89.00 (USD) delivered (only applicable for regions serviced by UPS Ground, other regions will cost more).
    Ordering Info: https://secure.suisohosting.com/~bossbi/ord...r/orderform.php
    Synopsis:
    WeatherTech® Side Window Deflectors are precision crafted in Germany. Unlike similar products offered by Toyota Canada, WeatherTech’s version does not utilize unsightly exterior tape so it doesn’t have this aftermarket ‘add-on’ look. Moreover, these deflectors are optically transparent (in opposing to smoked or opague) so your viewing is not minimized in any way. NOTE: Both Toyota Canada & Toyota Japan models are smoked or opague.

Description:
    Ventilation made easy, rain or shine, while parked or in motion!
    WeatherTech® Side Window Deflectors are precision crafted in Germany, the manufacturer is an OEM approved supplier to nearly 20 of the world's finest vehicle manufacturers. The lightly tinted cast acrylic is nearly twice as thick as the nearest competitor and installs quickly and easily inside your window channel using a precision-machined, micro-thin mounting flange.

Rain or shine, while parked or in motion, you get the best of both worlds! While parked, you can leave the windows open an inch or two to keep the interior cool. While driving with the windows open, you can take advantage of the fresh outside air while minimizing the amount of wind and noise entering your vehicle. On rainy days, you can partially open your window without getting soaked, allowing an added bit of ventilation to remove stale or smoky air. And with WeatherTech® Side Window Deflectors being TUV approved, it is clearly your finest choice.

 Maximize your fresh air enjoyment.
     Optically transparent.
     OEM quality.
     Sleek aerodynamic styling.
     Reduces wind noise.
     Installs inside the window channel.
     No unsightly exterior tape.
     Minimizes interior heat when parked.
     Helps keep side windows dry in the rain.

Delivery: 10 – 14 business days after group-buy has ended. Group Buy will last 10 days - today until Saturday, December 18th.

[Broken External Image]:http://www.weathertech.com/images/item_group_lg/4.jpg
    (Picture shows product on a different vehicle)

Questions? Please email [email protected]

2. jchu

jchu New Member

Does anyone know if these reduce/eliminate that nasty oscillating pressure wave on gets with an open window at speed? The dogs would much prefer an open back window!

3. skew

skew Junior Member

jchu, don't know Ill try mine today. The rear windows were a huge pain to install and I and still having probems with the auto up on the drivers door it will close and roll back down so I have to just bump the switch until it closes. I think I need to reprogram my window. I just havent got around to. They look great I always install weathertech visors in all of my cars. Ill take a picture if anyone wants to see what they look like,

Bill

4. Areometer

Areometer Silver Business Sponsor

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hi Bill, yes please take photos to show us. Thanks.

Edward

5. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Danny

Will there be any sales tax charged for certain states?

6. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Nope, no sales tax. $89 will be the flat total price.

7. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My order is in. The ones I glued onto my mom's truck work OK, but I hope these are better...

8. artie

artie Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    i've got the toy.canada smoked visors, they look better then the ones you're selling, IMHO, and are easy to install, and yes, they have helped on the helicoptering effect, providing rear windows are down no more than 3/4 of the way.

9. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I really like the idea of them being nearly clear. That, plus the idea that they don't stick to the car to stay on, sold me.

Now I have to hope these features I liked don't turn out to be a pain...

10. David

David Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Now that you've had the wind deflectors for over a year do you still like them? Is your auto up still acting up? Would you go with these again or buy the kind that go on the exterior frame of the window?

Thanks.

11. onerpm

onerpm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I've had some of these for about 9 months, and I love them. Never again with the tape-on kind. The instructions were vague on putting in the rear ones with the clips. They look right, but I'm not sure I put them in the right way. I had leaks at a car wash for awhile, but that seems to have fixed itself. No problems with power windows. I hope the group buy is still going when my wife and I get our 2006's shortly.

rpm

12. David

David Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I had the tape on one's from Toyota Canada on my 2004 Prius and loved them. I keep reading about about the WeatherShield ones and like their looks but aren't sure about how they'll treat windows that have film on them. I live in Florida and think its necessary to have the deflectors and tinted windows for parking in the sun. I seldom drive with the windows open so its just for parking.

Do you think they are as quiet and waterproof as the tape on ones?

13. onerpm

onerpm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I think they are quieter than the tape on ones. However, I haven't had the tape on ones on a prius, only on other vehicles in the past. I've had problems with those eventually starting to fall off.

As far as waterproof, I have had no problem with the front ones (they bend and sort of snap in, awesome), but on the Prius, you have to use some clips on the rear ones, and I have had problems with leakage on those, but only in a high pressure car wash.

rpm

14. Areometer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The ClimAir (WeatherFlector) on my '98 4Runner (installed in Nov of '97) still functions flawlessly today just like day one.

But the Prius rear ones are not exactly easy to install...

15. Joe8002

Joe8002 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hello, I just purchased a 2008 Prius last week and found your web site while surfing. Great information posted. I live in the Pacific Northwest, (Seattle area). I only have driven the car 300 miles so far. I'm overwhelmed with all the bells and whistles. So it's just drive from point A to B. As time goes by I'll start experimenting with the displays. I do have a technical question regarding WeatherTech deflectors but don't know if this is the correct section for it. Thanks.

16. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Well ask your question, I just purchased a set from ebay, and I really like it, whats your question?

17. Areometer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    feel free to email us from our site: SigmaAuto.com. Click on Contact Info. Thanks.

18. AOV

AOV New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I purchased mine about a year ago for my 2007 Prius....I broke one while installing it, I bent it too much, yet they did replace it for free. Yes, the back ones were a little bit more difficult to install. I really like the look and that I am able to open the windows while parked....even the wasps have a hard time finding their way in.

19. funnyodd

funnyodd New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I installed my WeatherTech® Side Window front deflectors and found issues with the auto window up function. Also with seating tightly keeping road noise out. If I remove them then all these issue go away. Can anyone help with suggestions or comments?

20. funnyodd

funnyodd New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I also purchaseda set for my 2007 and found issue with the auto up window function and seating tight to elimnate road noise. I would proceed with caution.:eek: