1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Group buy for the VAIS AIC-100i?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by a4retome, Dec 18, 2005.

1. a4retome

a4retome Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Does anyone know of another group buy for the VAIS AIC-100i? It seems that there has been two? so far. I'd love to get in on the next one if available.

Many thanks.

Chris
    '05 Salsa Red #6

2. AlphaTeam

AlphaTeam Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Me too but...

Video line of product is under complete redesign, and will be available early summer 2006.

3. a4retome

a4retome Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II

I'm technically challenged. What is the new video line you mention?

4. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    He's referring to their AVIC line of products that offer video in as well as audio in. All the previous range of products have been discontinued, and so far only the "AIC" audio-only range has been replaced - they don't currently have video adapters available.

The replacement for the AIC-100i is the SoundLinQ SLI.

5. dgstan

dgstan Member

I emailed Eugene a few weeks ago. He said Vais is not ready to handle another group buy just yet. He said he will post here when they are ready. I'm thinking sometime after the new year. We could always contact him (use the email address on the website) and twist his arm...

DGStan

6. ml194152

ml194152 Member

Eugene had said a while back (Oct. ?) to wait until after Christmas because it would take 2 months to catch up after the 2nd group buy.

7. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Time to save my pennies. Wait a minute, I have been saving my pennies, literally, along with nickel, dimes, quarters. I think I might have close to enough to buy his adapter on a group buy.

8. CHART

CHART Member

Well, the new Ipod 3 GB was in my stocking this year! I don't really listen to my current MP3 player through the headphones very often, but I would to have access to all of my music in the Prius, so when another group buy starts, count me in!!!

9. HybridVigor

HybridVigor New Member

Any news on the next group buy on the Soundlinq SLI? I'm interested too. Hopefully we can swing another sweet low-end price? ~$200 sounds much sweeter to my wallet than $300.

10. dgstan

dgstan Member

I emailed Eugene the other day, but haven't heard back (I hope he's not related to Coastal Dave). I suggested that he offer another Group Buy pronto. It seems that the HK Drive and Play and the Ice Link are cutting into his market share.

DGStan

11. dukduk

dukduk New Member

Well, again, count me in!

12. HybridVigor

HybridVigor New Member

Anybody talk to Eugene recently? Has he replied to emails yet? Sounds like there are at least a few folks who would be in for a new Soundlinq group buy...

13. inPlacentia

inPlacentia New Member

If Dension works fine, why bother VAIS group buy?

14. a4retome

a4retome Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II

Unfortunately it doesn't work if you have package 6 with Blue tooth. Spoke to them personally to make sure there was some other alternative. There wasn't.

15. satchmosdad

satchmosdad New Member

I just got an email from Eugene who says:
    "We are holding a group buy because we have long lead time, and don't want you guys wait two months until we can ship something. So when we are ready we will post the information on the forums."

16. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

They need to correct the compatability list. Doesn't say won't work with NAV (or multi-disk CD)

17. LAPriusD

LAPriusD Junior Member

Hello New Friends
    This is my first post and I am desperately eager to learn about integrating my 30 GB iPod video with my 05 Prius (package 6 with NAV and JVC 5 CD Changer). I was disappointed to learn that someone here has already deterimined that the Dension product will not work with my configuration - I'm not willing to give up my 5CD changer. I was about to bring my car in to the audio shop tomorrow - I was told in my initial phone call that they cant tell if the Dension unit will or wont work untilI bring the car in - and was considering forking over WAY too much money, but I trust what you folks are saying here and so now I'm looking for the alternative.

It looks like the VAIS AIC-100i (now it's the SoundLinQ SLI KIT) is a great option - and I'd love to be involved in a group buy.. but .. does the reference to their new product - with video support - mean that it will support the video output from my video iPod? That might be something real tempting to wait for.

thanks for all your helpful information