1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Group Name? Group Logo?

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by randreed, Sep 20, 2006.

1. randreed

randreed Same as it ever was . . .

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Should we have a group name?

Does anyone have ideas for a group logo?

Check out what our neighbors are doing - LINK

I'm not good at this, but what about:
    • New Jersey Prius Owner's Group (NJPOG)??
    • Garden State Prius Owners Group (GSPOG)?

2. BobZ

BobZ New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rand Reed @ Sep 20 2006, 10:01 PM) [snapback]322623[/snapback]</div>
    I've push for a few simple things for our Long Island group and it seems to be working.
    (1) Specific meets (once a month)
    (2) A specific meeting place. Same place each month
    (3) Specific time (for us it's 12 noon the 2nd Sunday each month)
    (4) A name...Long Island Prius Owners Group

Others in our group are coming up with all kinds of great ideas like the avatars we all use. I donated 20 Tee shirts. One of the group members is doing the avatars for iron ons for the shirts. http://www.cheapestees.com/ has the basic tee shirts for $1.78 a shirt. Any quantity

Got questions? Need ideas? We share :)

BobZ

By the way I drove to Ramsey to get this car!

Attached Files:

3. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    How bout:
    GSGAS- Garden State Green Auto society -we could allow other hybrids- ( or NJGAS )

Or I would drop the "new" and go for Jersey Prius Owners Club JPOC- I like the hard c sound better than g sound on the end.....

Bob's idea of meeting same place every month does not work here- jersey is MUCH BIGGER than LI - but maybe we can come up with a rotating list of places- ie- Ship Inn, someplace North, someplace at the shore!

I have meetings that alternate the 3rd Sat or Sun of each month, so I know I could make at least every other meeting.

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    So you guys know, the milwaukee hygrid group registered a website with GoDaddy for something like $9 per year. check them out at http://www.milwaukeehybridgroup.com/

I'm talking with FireEngineer to create a ChicagoPriusGroup.

Just thought I'd throw that in.

5. iDonna

iDonna Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rand Reed @ Sep 20 2006, 10:01 PM) [snapback]322623[/snapback]</div>
    iPOG (cute!)

I like NJPOG; keeping the N with the J makes us/it more identifiable. I also like the idea of remaining exclusive to Prius. Lest we have one of those gas guzzling Mercury Mariner types dingin' our doors...

6. randreed

randreed Same as it ever was . . .

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(barbaram @ Sep 21 2006, 12:23 AM) [snapback]322692[/snapback]</div>
    I like the idea of letting other Hybrids in - I like NJGAS or JGAS.

I also like the idea of rotating the location (central west, central shore, north, south)

I'm thinking that whoever is scheduling a meet should set the date (as long as we are not stepping on each other). We have two meets scheduled now (north on the 14th and central shore on the 8th) I think that's really cool - now we need to get the word out to others in NJ.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Sep 21 2006, 09:06 AM) [snapback]322758[/snapback]</div>
    Nice idea, but I personally prefer to keep using this area of Priuschat as our "website" - at least for now. If we do get very big that might be an option later.

7. BobZ

BobZ New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(iDonna @ Sep 23 2006, 08:19 PM) [snapback]324072[/snapback]</div>

Just as long as there are no Hummers. On Long Island we frown upon Hummers.....

Attached Files:

8. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rand Reed @ Sep 24 2006, 08:30 AM) [snapback]324205[/snapback]</div>
    Rotating the location is a great idea. Why don't we have someone at a meet volunteer to be the scheduler for the next one? That way we won't run into the problem of two meets in two weeks. :)

9. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Sep 24 2006, 02:42 PM) [snapback]324340[/snapback]</div>
    Or maybe we should get the volunteer here in the 'club', rather than at a meeting, in case someone can't be at a meeting but would like to organize the next meeting.

I like the NJGAS name - Better than NJ Hybrid Owners Group <g>