1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GRRRrrrrr I am soooo mad!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sluggo42, Aug 26, 2006.

1. sluggo42

sluggo42 New Member

I get home from breakfast at Carrows this morning and then I notice that someone scraped my right rear bumper panel, presumably while backing out. I was able to wax out most of the 12 inch scrape, as well as pop the panel back into place, but they did remove a little paint (Barcelona red - where can I get some touch-up paint??)

Needless to say I am livid that people are such total jerks. My car is one week old and now it's already f-ed up!

Forgive my ranting but good God man, why are some people so dammed inconsiderate??

10-9-8-7-6--5---4----3-----2--------.............arrrgggHHHUUUEEEHHHHHHKKKKKGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!?"?"&%#~~~~~~

2. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sluggo42 @ Aug 26 2006, 02:15 PM) [snapback]309807[/snapback]</div>
    I feel your pain! I had a small nick in my bumper within a week or so of getting the car. But a few weeks later I ended up with a smashed side-view mirror, which cost me about $130 to replace.

You can get touch-up paint at the dealer. Costs $10.

3. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You can get touch-up paint from your dealership. Call them up and give them the color code (3R3 for our lovely Barcelona red) and they will either have one in stock or special order it for you. I got one today from my dealer (rock chip, not a scrape, fortunately) for $7.50 so it's cheaper than you can get most places online, and it will match your paint very nicely.

People are worse than you give them credit for though! Today I was driving slowly down a busy street. I was admiring a magnetic gray Prius parked directly behind a silver Prius, with a salsa red Prius on the other side of the street (must be a Prius convention!), when I heard the distincitve *crunch* of a car crash.

In the oncoming lane directly ahead, someone had rear-ended a car that was stopped for a cross-walk. The car in back quickly backed up a little, and then DROVE AROUND the car in front and down the street. Pedestrians and other drivers were around, and we all started shouting at the lady as she drove away. There were cars at a light ahead of her so I thought she'd have to stop, but she drove into the parking lane to make a right and escape. At least one person had gotten her plate number though. Nobody was hurt as far as I could tell, but I hope that lady gets caught.

4. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yeah, people are pretty inconsiderate of others these days, I've found. Especially in parking lots and on residential streets.

That story Ichabod told really toasts my cookie...I'm glad someone got the lady's plate # because that's a hit and run!! With cars, I just figure that over time it will get scratched, dented, etc anyhow...a new car is never new for very long. I know I have a handful of scrapes and scratches (including one big one that rubbed out yesterday without scratching my paint) on my 6-month old baby but it's nothing I spend too much time, if any, thinking about. :)