1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Guy Stopped to ask about my Prius ....

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by priusmaybe, May 11, 2007.

1. priusmaybe

priusmaybe New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    goes about 5 miles on a charge. It is about the size of a small bike. Much smaller than a Moped.

The guy rides it about 3 miles to work, plugs it in and rides back. He was Italian.

Said the contraption cost about $250 -$300

He thought the Prius was cool.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5662771

Looked like this.

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I used to work 7/10ths of a mile from my home. I considered getting something like that to commute. Problem is, as a teacher, so often I am carrying quite a bit back and forth. Good thing I bought the Prius instead.

Now I commute 12 miles to work and still schlep stuff. But it's mostly freeway and no way I could do that on a little electric bike or even a scooter.

3. bredekamp

bredekamp Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I had an electric scooter. A neigbour of mine found it in his garage when he moved in. The scooter wasn't working. I managed to fix it. The batteries were stuffed and it needed a good clean. Great fun to ride around on in the neigbourhood. I eventually sold it to a junkshop. It's very hard to balance cause you don't sit on it like a bicycle...

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Grant's Pass EV sells a street-legal electric dirt bike. The maker claims it has a range of 40 miles. I never asked Sean what it's real range is, though. Probably 15 to 20, which is still a lot more than 5.

[attachmentid=7988]

5. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 12 2007, 07:42 PM) [snapback]440811[/snapback]</div>
    I take it that Sean is the guy who makes (or is it deals?) the Xebra.

Dave M.