1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GW Supporters on the Attack

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Devil's Advocate, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    This is what happens in the hallowed halls of academia when you disagree with other professors whose funding relies on there being man made GW to combat:

Global warming may end hurricane pioneer's forecasts | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Every person who supports the idea that GW is caused primarily by man questions the veracity and impartiality of any scientist that questions man made GW, where that scientist receives money from any industry. But then the same people accept without question what is said by scientists that support man made global warming, when those scientists receive all their funding from government grants.

Without Man Made GW there is NO GOVERNMENT FUNDING! Why aren't the motivation of these scientists in question?

2. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Non issue, really looks like what it is, Grey is becoming a pain to the university, they'll let him do his thing, but only as long as his reports are co-authored by Phil Klotzbach, a former student of Gray's who earned his doctorate last summer, and as long as Klotzbach remains at CSU.

Grey's accuracy hasn't been all that great the last few years, probably due to GW, so I can see them wanting to keep Klotzbach as a hedge against Grey's predictions. GW, man made or not, is still happening, and climate changes are happening, making predictions harder and harder to predict, especially for people who refuse to accept that change is happening.

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sound to me like Grey is being a bit of an nice person who runs his mouth in the spotlight. That is bad publicity for a University. I wager that if he had refrained from name-calling and biting retorts that he would be under fire.

There are plenty of people who have different opinions on various subject at my school but no one threatens their work. Unless of course they are being verbally disruptive. lol

4. xsmatt81

xsmatt81 non-AARP Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    seeing a global cool down this year. by 2 deg. If this contiunes, well then green house can be thrown out the door. Some talk of using large amounts of green house gases to create an atomshere on mars, once we begin terra forming, if ever.