1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GY Integrities and Wranglers...same tread?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tanglefoot, Jun 1, 2007.

1. tanglefoot

tanglefoot Whee!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I saw someone selling a set of tires and wheels from an '07 Jeep Wrangler and the tread looks mighty familiar! I think they're just putting overgrown Integrities on the new Wrangler!

The sidewall says Goodyear Wrangler but I couldn't read the letters after it.

Hmmm :unsure:

Attached Files:

2. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tanglefoot @ Jun 1 2007, 02:04 PM) [snapback]453522[/snapback]</div>
    That's a Goodyear Wrangler SR-A.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The tread pattern on those tires is clearly not the same if you know what to look for. For instance, passenger car tires almost always have solid or near-solid outside shoulders for quietness. Truck tires usually have blocked outside shoulders, and the more off-road oriented they are, the bigger the gaps. The Integrity has very small gaps in the outside shoulder while the Wrangler SR-A, even though it is an on-road tire, has much bigger gaps between the blocks.

3. tanglefoot

tanglefoot Whee!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Ah yeah, that might be it. It looks different than the SR-A's on my uncle's WJ. It might be that size/tread pattern anomaly.

The integrity in that picture looks completely different than the 'Tegs they put on Prii. Ah...that's a wider size so it has the extra rib in the center. *fog clearing*

That SR-A on the left looks like a Michelin LTX!