1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

H&R springs question

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Tekjunke, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Tekjunke

Tekjunke Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I installled a set of H&Rs last week and I dont know if I like the ride. Ive had plenty of lowered cars so I know what to expect, this is unlike any other I've had. The front feels tight and you can tell its been dropped, the back feels like stock... mushy. when I hit a normal bump or dip in the road, it feels like 2 different setups front and rear

Is this what a Prius should feel like? Would I get this same result from Eibach or Plus springs?

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 ? Pro

2. Grren4ever

Grren4ever Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Hmm...strange.

I've had H&R springs in the past, on my 89 civic hatch paired with Tokico Blues. They were way too stiff for the street and I ended up using the oem springs with new koni shocks. The ride was perfect afterwards. Acceptable amount of comfort and significantly reduced body roll.

Not to drift off topic too far but...have you looked at the spring rates for the H&R's? Perhaps the front has a lot higher spring rate than the rear. I am considering Tanabe coilovers for my prius and the spring rates for the front are lower than that of the rear so I think I that if I buy a set of these, I'll be experience the opposite of you...lol.

There are a lots of users here with H&R's. hopefully you'll get an answer soon. good luck.

3. Tekjunke

Tekjunke Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks.

The only thing that I'm wondering, is if the front feels tight because I'm actively using the bump stops (up front) and that's making the front feel so much tighter. Maybe trimming the bump stops would alleviate this?