1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hack for phone lockout

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by futtecr, Mar 4, 2006.

1. futtecr

futtecr New Member

While I appreciate the hack for nav system while driving, I would really love if there was one for the phone system?
    I use the bluetooth phone system more than the NAV system.

Thanks,
    Craig

2. JohnTortorici

JohnTortorici New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(futtecr @ Mar 4 2006, 08:24 PM) [snapback]220363[/snapback]</div>
    I'd like to add to this one. I keep searching on here, hoping to find something to correct my two biggest annoyances on the car.

1> The phone lockout. With all the things you have to manage through the display, why does the phone lockout? Is there a way around that?

2> Radio\CD player lockout. You can't get to the folder\file list of a CD if the car is in motion. AND, even if you do get to it, if you turn away for a second, the screen is back to the Energy screen... sometimes before it even finishes loading the files.

Help anyone!!! How can I remove these lockouts, and how can I keep the display from changing when I don't want it to?

3. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Both the Phone and Radio lockout can be overcome by cutting a purple speed sensor wire and installing a switch. Then when you want to do either, you turn the sensor off. This will trick the car into thinking you've stopped. Be sure to turn it back on after you're done as this also sends the signal to the 5-minute bars on the Consumption screen and the wheels on the Energy screen.

Go to http://www.evnut.com/prius_speed_wire.htm in order to see what wire to cut. BTW, if you cut the upper purple wire, that will override the speed sensor of the NAV system. Some have put a DPDT switch which takes care of both at the same time. You can also put in a magnetic switch, which is more inconspicuous.

As for the change in display, there's an option on from the MFD to prevent that from happening.

4. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    For the 05 and 04 the best solution is the Lock Pick from Costal E Tech. For the 06 and better the only choice is wire cutting.