1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Had good gas milage a week now.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Give Me Memphis, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Give Me Memphis

Give Me Memphis New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Greetings,
    A new and happy owner here. I got my new '08 Spectra Blue Mica Pkg 5 about a week ago. My first tank (7.2 gallons worth anyways) got 47.3mpg. I was amazed; especially since I was not very conservative with my driving that tank. I giggled like a schoolgirl for about a half hour after slapping down a $20 to pay for the gas. I'm on my second now and my mileage is running about 56.5-ish using tips from this site. :cool:
    I can't wait for warm spring temps. I also need to figure out the best way to get my Sirius. Oh, the future looks bright. Thanks.

2. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    That is what I am talking about. Great mpg! I can picture myself last November '07, when I only have to pay $20.00 dollars for a full tank of gas. Before I was paying at least $55.00. :rolleyes:

3. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I still seem to be the only person in the petrol station smiling 6 months later.
    Congrats on the new wheels and finding this fine forum, Give Me Memphis.

4. PRIUS007

PRIUS007 James Bond -007

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just filled up mine. Two weeks to the day, went 350 miles and put in 7 gallons. 50MPG and the weather here in Chicago has been COLD!

Cost wise, when I used to fill up my H2 it was $90.00 to fill up, this time it was $21.00 for the same driving distance.

5. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Good switch! From $90.00 to $21, that is definitely a no brainer for me. You can never go wrong going 'green'. ;)

6. TeamWenz

TeamWenz New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    It's great, two tanks of gas and hundreds of miles traveled and still less than one tank would normally cost. Even in the Frozen Tundra I have the same results. You gotta love it