1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Had my 15K service today

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by crebble, Oct 8, 2012.

1. crebble

crebble Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Pretty anti-climatic. It was the same as the 5K. Fluid levels, tire rotation and a once over. They also tried to soak me $50 for a cabin air filter change. :).

2. Mik1

Mik1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Save your money, get charcoal one from Walmart for $15. Filter replacement will not take more than 5 mins. It is located in your glove compartment.

3. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible Chance favors the prepared mind.

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Behind the glove box, isn't it?

Pull in the box stops/ears and drop it down. It should be right behind.

I thought it was a 30k mile change for that filter...

4. Mik1

Mik1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Yes it is. I replaced mine almost right after I've got the car. The reason is because charcoal filter does much better work compared to the "standard" cloth one they have in there.

5. crebble

crebble Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks. I just did one for a relative on an '11 Corolla. Figured it would be similar. I live on a gravel road, so it is possible that it should get changed out early.

6. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    FWIW, I think the manual says it's kosher to just inspect it, and blow it out with compressed air if it's not heavily clogged.

7. jsfabb

jsfabb Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I went for my 15K service the other day. One thing I will have to change is my Trip A/Trip B usage. I always used Trip A for tank and Trip B for trips. It seems like the service tech resets Trip A when he is resetting some values, so I lose my tank info, such as MPGs and MPH stats.

When I fill up again, I will use Trip B for my tank stats and Trip A for trips. Just thought I'd let everyone know!

8. rjdriver

rjdriver Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Can you be more specific as to exactly what you bought at Walmart for this? Was it made for the car, or was it just some charcoal material you found that you cut to fit? A search of their site came up empty on a specific filter type part

9. Mik1

Mik1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Walmart sells filters in their auto section. They usually have paper books or electronic libraries where you can find the model of the filter you need. Do not search for Prius C look for Camry (2010, 2011 models will be fine). Prius C has the same cabin filter as Camry. Once you will find a required model, open the box and check if the filter has black (charcoal) fibers in it. If it does, that's what you need.

rjdriver likes this.
  10. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    +1 It's always a good idea to look in the box and see if the correct part is there. Some dirtbags take more expensive parts out of boxes and put them in boxes with lower priced labels to save money.

11. Mik1

Mik1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Learned my lesson in the past. I went to buy spark plugs (a set of 6) to O'Reilly for my dad's car. I've got one small box which suppose to have 6 smaller boxes with new spark plugs in it. Didn't pay attention at the beginning (opened the box-->saw 6 smaller boxes-->paid money-->went home), but found out later that one smaller box inside of this bigger box was empty. Have to give a credit to O'Reilly, they gave me one new one without asking a single question, but I could read on manager's face that it was something that they had before. The rest is mystery....

12. rjdriver

rjdriver Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks