1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Had new Hybrid Battery installed at 135K what can I expect now

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by HardonCars, Aug 10, 2015.

1. HardonCars

HardonCars Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just had my 2007 Hybrid Battery replaced under warranty at 135K think the battery will be good for another 100K? Im hoping to keep the car for at least another 4 years so my kids can use it when they start driving in another 2 years. I talked to a mechanic at the prius dealership and he said aside from the battery and water pump they are pretty reliable

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Have you ever changed the transaxle fluid? If not, that may also fail.

3. JTM2955

JTM2955 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Well, I would answer by saying it has been THE most reliable car that I have ever owned. So your kids will be driving this car in two years? Great, as long as they don't go modifying the car it should be fine.
    If you have girls, they will drive faster than some of the boys. Both my daughters broke the axles on their front drive cars
    If you have boys, they will race, get tickets and do things to get noticed by the girls.
    The Prius is the ultimate commuter car; but to stand up to the abuse that most teens put a car through? I think it can. I would think that teens would fine the Prius to be boring. But it will get them where they need to be for a very little gas money.
    A word to the wise: never buy gasoline for your kids. If you start, then when do you stop?

LG G3 T-MOBILE phone ☎

4. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    The OE traction battery typically lasts 200k-250k miles and more than 10 years, but its life is shorter in hot climates like yours. Use your AC in hot weather to keep you and the HV battery cool. Your 2007 should easily be good for another 4 years, but I agree that you should drain/refill the tranny with Toyota Type WS ATF.

JeffD

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! you'll be fine, all the best.(y)