1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hands free without hitting "Transfer Call"?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by murf, Jun 24, 2007.

1. murf

murf New Member

I am the owner of a new '07 Prius ( love it so far!) that I just picked up a week ago. I researched the compatible cell phones and acquired a new LG VX8600 yesterday. I was able to "marry" the car and the phone and place some simple calls. I have a couple of issues that I haven't been able to resolve using my brain power, trial and error, and both the car and phone manuals. I'm hoping they are simple issues that others have resolved.

1 - When a call is placed (or received) the audio is only on the handset until I hit the "Transfer Call" button. I can't imagine that this is the only way to get this to work. I NEED to configure this so that when connected, the audio will always go to the car audio system when answered, without a manual transfer step.

2 - After doing a voice dial, the system tells me to hit the TALK button to send. I assume the that talk button is the one with the icon of a head/mouth, but it doesn't seem to do anything. The "off hook" button seems to do the trick but it is confusing why the system would tell me one thing and act differently.

3 - How do you switch between "Dial by Number" and "Dial by Name"? I've gotten it to switch back and forth but it seems to have a mind of it's own. For example, if I hit the TALK switch and it asks for a number, how do I get it back to the voice command or name mode?

I'm looking forward to getting all of this working smoothly - I have faith, but I'm a little frustrated that it isn't a little more obvious. I'm a tech guy so things that I can't figure out on my own tend to really eat at me. Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer.

- murf

2. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Get the telephone keypad on the MFD screen, select "settings", select "autoconnect". That should solve the autotransfer problem.

The talk switch is the 'head/mouth switch. But, you have to actually say something after you push the talk switch, like "dial". If you choose to dial the number by voice command, after the number is inputted and the system directs you to push the TALK switch (head/mouth), you do so and then say "dial" after the beep. Or, alternatively, to dial the number, just push the off-hook switch (on steering wheel or MFD). Just remember, if the system command you to push the talk switch, you must say a command after you do so.
    Interesting thing is when giving voice commands, using the phone, you CANNOT interrupt system guidance by hitting the talk switch and saying a command. The phone won't recognize your voice commands until it's finished with what it has to say. With the navigation system, you CAN interrupt system guidance with you voice commands, and it works just fine

OK, If you begin the whole dialing sequence on a MFD screen other than the telephone, push the talk switch and say "dial by number" and the system will take you to the call screen and allow you to enter a phone number by voice. Or you could have said, "dial by name" and it would take you to your phone book entries with voice tags. Your entries must have voice tags to use dial by name. Say the name of the entry and it will dial that corresponding number.
    If you begin the whole sequence by pushing the "off hook" switch the MFD automatically goes to the telephone screen and assumes you want to say a number when you hit the "Talk" switch.

Side note: I believe that you could say "dial by name" at the telephone screen and it would go to the contact screen and allow you to then dial by name (voice tag). To set a voice tag, edit your contact data, go to next page "2/2" and rpush "voice rec" and the system with walk you through it.
    Best thing to do is get in the car and practice these sequences until you're comfortable with how it all works.
    The manual is very poor in regards to how all this works, and I doubt most folks are getting full functionality out of the system.

3. janice45

janice45 Dudley Girl

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A