1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

handsfree phone question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by fredmertz, Feb 18, 2007.

1. fredmertz

fredmertz New Member

Does anyone know how the "pause" button functions when setiing up a handsfree phone number? I tried finding an answer on the site and the user manual but could not find an information. I also tried inserting it as a 5 second pause between numbers but that didn't seem to work. Thanks for your help in advance.

2. fredmertz

fredmertz New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fredmertz @ Feb 18 2007, 07:26 AM) [snapback]392345[/snapback]</div>

Can anyone help me with this? Am I not getting an answer because it is a lame question and the answer is right in fornt of my eyes, or is this some sort of mystery :unsure:

3. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Hi Fred!! I'm sorry, I don't have an answer for you..... obviously your post is not being ignored, as it appears over 100 have viewed it, so I assume they don't have an answer for you either. I just wanted to give you some kind of a response, so you'll know you're not invisible.

Maybe *hobbit or DocVijay will read this and respond with an answer........ good luck! B)

4. mjg216

mjg216 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fredmertz @ Feb 18 2007, 08:26 AM) [snapback]392345[/snapback]</div>
    It may be useful when the number answers with a message which asks you to dial an extension number and you know that number. Hope this helps.

5. diverlee

diverlee New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fredmertz @ Feb 18 2007, 07:26 AM) [snapback]392345[/snapback]</div>
    You may be better served by looking in your cellphone manual.

I use an LG VX8600 Bluetooth cellphone with my Pri. The cellphone allows me to add a "pause" in the middle, and/or end, of a phone number string. I have two pause options: "W" = wait until I press a button to continue, or "P" = a standard 2-second pause. The pause is indicated by either a "W" or "P" embedded in the number string. I use the pause feature to check my voice mail at work.

The contact number theoretically should be transferable to the car's phone book. Since any calls originated by the car are routed through the cellphone, the pause should still work.

While I have had success in transferring a contact with a pause in the number, it shows up in the car's phone book as a little p, rather than a capital P, which apparently doesn't work when dialed by the car. If I use the cellphone to dial the number, in the car and after the Bluetooth connection is established, the call is then handled by the car's speaker and microphone and the pause works fine. Go figure.

There may be a work around using the car's settings and "registering speed tones", but the English translation in the car manual leaves a lot to be desired. Hope this helps.

6. janice45

janice45 Dudley Girl

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(driverlee @ Feb 25 2007, 09:16 PM) [snapback]396486[/snapback]</div>
    I owned the lg 8600 and it had a few quicks I'm surprised you got it to work with your car .Mine did work but only once in awhile and only when it wanted I had to transfer all my calls from my screen to get it to work with my car . your ahead of the game .good luck

7. diverlee

diverlee New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jan @ Feb 27 2007, 08:40 PM) [snapback]397619[/snapback]</div>

My LG8600 phone still works flawlessly by itself, or in the car. No worries. Best cell phone yet in over 10 years. D.L.

8. jgalston

jgalston New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fredmertz @ Feb 25 2007, 09:13 AM) [snapback]396202[/snapback]</div>
    The wait function is used pretty much for calling voicemail. You program the number, the a wait signal, then the code you use to access voicemail. So your number ends up looking something like this

310-555-1212w123456

In this case, the first part is the number, then the phone waits for the voicemail to answer, then you send the follow-up code.

To actually send the code, you need to wait for the other side to answer, then hit the "0-9" button on the screen and a new screen appears that allows you to either enter numbers, or there is a "send" button. Hit the "send" button and it sends whatever you have programmed after the "w".

I hope this helps.