1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Handwashing cars

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sunnysandiegan, Jul 11, 2006.

1. sunnysandiegan

sunnysandiegan New Member

Some may remember me and my request for car-washing advice awhile back. (Nothing fancy, just basic clean and no damage, as I am not a detail enthusiast.) I forgot to post the results from the *proper* use of the Mr. Clean gizmo.

When we first washed our '06 Prius, we squeegeed the windows and dried the car first with a "wet" towel (I forget the name of it) and then with a microfiber towel. Looked great, but took way too long with our young child in attendance. This drying was after using the filtered water from the Mr. Clean hose-attachment gadget. The car sparkled and looked great to us! Remember, we are not detail enthusiasts, but I als do not want any damage from machines, etc.

Someone here recommended letting the Mr. Clean filtered water do its job, as we could always re-wash the car if necessary (due to spots).

So, we washed our '04 Camry exactly as directed by the Mr. Clean system. The car was super dirty, so it didn't exactly come as clean as I would have liked. However, the filtered water did its job, as there are no water spots anywhere. I did squeegee the windows, though. :eek: What I forgot to do that I am annoyed with myself over is failing to roll the windows partway down and clean that grimy edge mark. Grrr... The time invested was much shorter this way!!! (No hand-drying...)

Anyway, for someone who wants CLEAN, but not detail-clean-perfect, I highly recommend the Mr. Clean car wash system. I got the "pro" version at Wal-mart for $36. I wanted the "pro" for the 5x power jet blast, which works VERY NICELY! We do use two buckets (water/soapy water) and two mitts (upper/lower parts of car) to keep the grit away from the car as much as possible.

Enjoy your day!

2. tanteb & rgrpick

tanteb & rgrpick New Member

Its not a bad product, if you don't need show car shine, and we don't either.
    I had planned on "Mr Clean"ing our car this morning but ran out of legal water use time before I could get to it so had to settle for cleaning off the windows and all the bird splats. I hope we get some rain soon so I can use the next watering hours to clean our poor Prius.
    Well, hope we get rain soon for a lot more reasons than just that, but.... :)