1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hangs on tag.contextweb.com

Discussion in 'PriusChat Shop Forum' started by bwilson4web, Aug 11, 2009.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus

SYMPTOMS: I'm seeing long delays 5-100s of minutes on 'tag.contextweb.com'. The problem has become especially severe the past 2-3 days to the point of making PriusChat nearly inaccessible.

CONFIGURATION:

• Mac OS 10.5.8
    • ISP: AT&T via xDSL, 128 kbs
    • browsers: Safari, Firefox, Camino
    WORKAROUND: When 'tag.contextweb.com' shows for more than a few seconds, hit "refresh" and many times, the web page will load and render.

I don't have a diagnosis but have captured the problem with 'tcpdump'. I have noticed a variable delay in opening a port up to 4 seconds. I'll do more detailed timing analysis later tonight.

Bob Wilson

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm having the same problem with Linux and Firefox. The OS and browser shouldn't make a difference, as tag.contextweb.com is an advertising server supplying ads. I don't mind the advertisements, since they help pay the bills, but it makes me angry when the advertisers are too cheap to use responsive servers. Ideally a site should be designed so that slow ad servers only cause slow ad displays, not overall slow loading.

Tom

2 people like this.
  3. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Same here this morning with FF. I haven't noticed extremely slow page loads before today. I have had occasional complete timeouts before today recently, resolved after waiting a few minutes and refreshing.

1 person likes this.
  4. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I've noticed this happening off and on for some time. Hitting stop and refresh will often clear the problem. It is annoying though.

1 person likes this.
  5. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I sent a PM to Danny but have no idea if it got through or if there much that can be done about it. I agree, I don't mind the ads until the block the content.

It was irksome this morning because I wanted to discuss an new technical approach but delays like this ... So I'm drafting the details somewhere else and will be in a final someday in the future. You can't work and think if the interface is too slow.

Bob Wilson

6. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    tag.contextweb.com is really slow again and causing stalls in loading pages here on PC. If I ping it, I don't see packet loss. If I manually telnet to port 80 of tag.contextweb.com and send a GET / manually, it takes quite a few seconds before giving me an error.

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome back bob.