1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

hankook optimo h727 205/55/16

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by gusgol, Jan 26, 2011.

1. gusgol

gusgol Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    For two years I dreaded using my Touring 2008 in as little as one or two inches of snow. Traction. Steering. Breaking, Everything was just too wishy-washy and unsafe.

One week ago I followed Consumer Reports advise and bought 4 Hankook Optima H727. I had to go "one +" because of the size, and ended with 205/55/16 on the original rims.

Today I drove on 6 inches of snow over a sheet of freezing rain. Granted, I was not racing. Neither was I doing "willies", but my little Prius left behind many a bigger car, and got me everywhere I needed to go.

In addition, the new tire size did not affect the speedometer, as tested with my GPS unit. Surely I will have some decreased in mpg, but then again, I did not use any gas when I could not drive the car at all.

Just a thought.

1 person likes this.
  2. DGH

DGH Thread Terminator

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Very nice tires, not perfect, but what is!
    I would rate them as excellent for dry and snow, very good for rain. Minimal wear after 25k, also minimal mileage decrease.

Make that the best (all-season) tire for snow that I have used.

1 person likes this.