1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Happy Birthday Sparky

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Prius Maximus, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Prius Maximus

Prius Maximus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    2 years old and this car just keeps getting better.

Here is 2 years worth of data (156 fill-ups):

63,624 miles
    average mpg = 50.8

gas saved = 1,020 gallons
    gas money saved = $2,184.00

yeah - it's NEVER gonna pay back the hybrid premium! (for comparison, these #'s are relative to a perfectly good Dodge Neon I dumped to get the Prius. The Neon got 28 mpg.)

I have attached 4 charts that show mpg over time - straight mpg at each fill up, a 10-point moving average that smooths out the noise, a lifetime average and a month by month bar chart. You can clearly see the initial learning curve and the seasonal variation in mpg due to temperature.

What I don't see is the imaginary break-in period jump in mpg we all discussed a while back. I think the early mpg increase is more related to learnining to drive than break-in of the car.

I have not had a single problem/malfunction. (I hope this luck continues as I will have over 150,000 miles on it before it's paid off!)

[attachmentid=2467][attachmentid=2468][attachmentid=2469][attachmentid=2470]

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    nice! wow, 63k miles in 2 years... you're going at about double my rate!

but tell me one thing. please. tell me that wasn't done on excel. :unsure: oh god i hate excel!! (whacking self on forehead)

3. Prius Maximus

Prius Maximus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three

LOL ... Quattro Pro all the way baby. The only thing I hate more than Word/Excel is a Granny Smith. ;)

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    whew!! ;) i use prism for all my graphing needs.