1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Happy day after Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TexasLew, Nov 27, 2004.

1. TexasLew

TexasLew New Member

We live in what is called deep south Texas, clear down in the tip between the cities of Harlingen and Mcallen in the town of Weslaco. This tale started in Sept or Oct of 2003 when we stopped at a Toyota dealer in Mcallen, we had read about the Prius and wanted to see one. We were disappointed and were not treated in a business like manner so we went home. The more we thought about it the more we wanted a Prius so in April we went east to the city of Harlingen, the Toyota dealer there was very accommodating and we were placed on the waiting list. We checked back with them about once a month, we were told that we were number 3 then 2 then 1, the last time we called was last week and we were told that they didn't have any coming in this month and didn't know when they would get their next allotment. Yesterday my wife was surfing for dealers in our home state of Ohio but no luck, so out of curiosity she put our Texas zip in the search and it came up that the dealer in Mcallen had a silver #5 in stock. My wife emailed that we might be interested. About 3 hours later I received a call from the dealer and he said he was checking back in old listings and found my name. This was the same listing that my wife saw online a Silver #5, needless to say We bought in on the spot. MSRP except for the option package which we paid extra. We jumped in our minivan drove 20 miles to the dealer and in a couple of hours were out of there with our new Prius. This time we were treated very well by Frank Smith Toyota. We couldn't be happier. Love that car. I might say we are Senior Citizens, I'm 73 and my wife is 69. We thought it was time to be Green.

2. Gurmail

Gurmail Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Well done and congratulations. Welcome to the club.

3. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Congratulations. It pays to look around. My son found my car in Montana. Where in Ohio. I grew up in Lorain and lived 4 years in Columbus (guess what that was all about... Go Bucks!). Happy driving.