1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Happy Holidays.......from my Toyota dealer

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by tag, Dec 18, 2003.

1. tag

tag Senior Member

The letter states (in pertinent part):

All of us here wanted to take a moment, in writing, to assure you that we are monitoring the arrival of all of our Prius orders - yours included - on a daily basis. Because of the enormous demand, the cars are not arriving as soon as both you and I have hoped, but Toyota is doing its best to meet the great demand for this vehicle.

I......will contact you IMMEDIATELY when we receive word that your vehicle is on its way........

.......here's wishing you and yours a very happy holiday season.....

Okay, I'm a bit concerned by a few things here and was wondering whether anyone else thinks my concerns are unreasonable. I'll lay them out below:

1) No phone call? Yeah, the letter was nice but I haven't received even one call from anyone at the dealer since I placed my order over a month ago.

2) When I called (for the first time since placing my order) today, my salesman asked me if I had received the letter. He said, "the letter would explain everything". Uh, the italicized words (above) pretty much were the entire letter and I'm still confused. What did it "explain" (other than they have no idea when the cars are coming and will call as soon as they hear anything)?

3) An outright lie? It says, "...we are monitoring the arrival...on a daily basis". That's got to be horse hockey since I think we all know something about allocation and that it's done on sort of a monthly basis. Is there any need to 'monitor arrivals' daily?

4) Why even write? I was told delivery would be somewhere around Valentine's Day. Why send me a letter like this now unless they're anticipating there's no way they'll come close to being able to deliver by then?

5) "....You and yours"? I hate that. What the hell does "you and yours" mean? Did they forget the "up" before the "yours" (as in, "happy holidays to you and up yours")?

EOR (end of rant)