1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Happy independence from the evil british empire day!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by burritos, Jul 4, 2007.

1. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Granted, we have supplanted the brits now as the hegemony of the day. One comment about our closest allies. While I agree with the general tone of the English public and their progressive views, do they really have the moral legitamacy to critique how america behaves considering that THEY created us. Also, they still have fricking kings and queens and they worship them too. That's almost as bad as believing in gods.

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    On the other hand, they outlawed slavery long before we did, and their parliamentary system is far more representative and democratic than our winner-take-all Congressional system. And the queen is no more than a figurehead today. A colossal waste of money, but that seems like a minor point when you look at our social systems as a whole. Royalty and peerage are offensive to my American sensibilities. but there are worse things, and many of those are here at home.

3. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jul 4 2007, 01:15 PM) [snapback]472980[/snapback]</div>
    I'm just saying that the creator of frankenstein shouldn't criticize freankenstein for trying to emulate the creator.

4. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jul 4 2007, 11:15 AM) [snapback]472980[/snapback]</div>
    The British parliamentary elections do use a winner take all system.