1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Happy New Prius Owner - Thank You

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lencap, Jan 6, 2007.

1. lencap

lencap Junior Member

Greetings -

I purchased a 2007 Touring Edition last week, and filled up today averaging 48 MPG!! Truly amazing car. Thanks to this forum for the terrific articles, information, and lively discussion. Although I would likely have purchased a hybrid, the decision to get the Prius was solidified by this forum.

I've owned many cars and motorcycles and I can honestly say that this forum is as informative and helpful as any I've even joined or visited.

Thanks to all for a fine job.

2. jmccord

jmccord New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lencap @ Jan 6 2007, 11:37 PM) [snapback]371952[/snapback]</div>
    And thank you too.
    Even though many of us paid what some call a "hybrid premium" over other cars, I share the feelings of others in this forum that a Prius purchase is money well spent. You not only get a state-of-the-art, technologically superior, high-quality automobile, but you make a much smaller impact on the environment as you drive, and at the same time send a message to automakers and other businesses worldwide, that consumers do indeed care about the environment.
    Congratulations on your purchase. B)

3. lencap

lencap Junior Member

Hi -

I agree with you about the Prius - it deserves all the awards its earned, and it does provide a unique transportation option that should be applauded by everyone.

I get a kick out of the "hybrid premium" discussions. Why do people assume that you have to analyze a car purchase in dollars? When someone buys a Ferrari is there any discussion about the payback period? Nope, people buy a Ferrari for lots of reasons, including pride of ownership as well as "I can afford it".

Maybe part of my purchase is based on economics, but I bought the Prius for a lot more reasons than dollars alone. The fact that it is relatively cheap to own is a bonus, not the decidind factor.

Again, thanks for the reply, and thanks for the discussion forum. It takes a lot of work to keep this going and I appreciate those that help in that effort.

Be well.

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lencap @ Jan 6 2007, 09:18 PM) [snapback]371966[/snapback]</div>
    I agree with this, but I would go a step further: While the Hybrid Civic can be said to have a "hybrid premium" because it costs more than a conventional Civic, I believe that there is no such "premium" for the Prius. This is because, for one thing, there is no "conventional" Prius to compare prices with, and for another, because I believe that the Prius is cheap for the price we paid. (Except for the NAV, which I think is over-priced, and which I did not get.)

There are cheaper cars than the Prius. But they are cheap cars. If you bought a Prius instead of an econo-box, you paid a "premium" to get a much better car. But if you bought a Prius instead of a BMW, the dealer gave you a premium.

Bottom line is, the Prius is a marvel of technology, clean, efficient, and reliable, and is sold at a bargain price for the features and quality.

And it will never need a transmission re-build or a new clutch.