1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Happy Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by olcorral, Nov 23, 2005.

1. olcorral

olcorral New Member

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in Priusland!
    I really think all of you are great and so helpful (and so very patient). I appreciate your tolerance helping rookies like me with the situations we find ourselves. I have yet to get the 2006 Prius but look forward with both excitement and some hesitation with the new way of driving. The technology is a bit intimidating for me and it's going to be a big change moving from an 02 Tundra V8 Truck to the new world of Prius.
    I got another call from Dublin (CA) Toyota saying my car is in Longbeach port awaiting release/transport. The scheduled delivery date is set for the first or second week of December. I ordered a Barcelona Red with all the trimmings (gobble, gobble) #8 and was hoping for the beige leather. The sales guy says it going to be the dark grey. Not sure I want that but the wait is going to be tooooo long for the other color interior. He is going to call me in 2 weeks with the VIN and confirm the order.
    Have a great holiday and be safe out on the roads.
    olcorral.

2. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Going to visit my sister tomorrow. Taking my mother and my better half. Going to pig out...YES, I'm taking the Prius.

3. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

No major plans here - am going to mow tomorrow and put some mulch around the more "cold sensitive" plants.

Wife is English and doesn't understand why we're thankful for taking land previously occupied by Native Americans...so no real holiday spirit here.

what a bummer huh?

4. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Maybe she still regards us as a "breakaway colony"? As for the Natives, I agree with her...

5. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    I will be at a dinner with the in-laws and at least 2 Priuses parked in the drive-way. Won't get to watch football, but will have some great discussions! :D

6. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    happy thanksgiving everyone :)

and if you're driving your prius don't eat too much. that extra weight may cost you .002 mpg on the way home and that would just ruin the holiday spirit :lol:

as for us, we're staying home and making a turkey and all the fixins for 2. then we're taking the rest of the weekend to just hang out.

7. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Happy Thanksgiving! B) We have been in Helena (yes where I got Belle) visiting my son the working man who can not go home. We started cooking yesterday and will feed a few college students and his friends, turkey and the trimmings. Over the river and trough the woods have a great day.

8. Schmika

Schmika New Member

My trp is 70 miles one way. I'll report on the mileage hit! :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving my fellow Prius owners, even the ones I don't get along with! :)

I'm just staying at home, various family members are coming over to cook up a storm, and I'm just going to CONSUME, play video games, and watch Beavis and Butthead. :lol:

10. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Nooooooooo! You have just ruined my respect for you! :p Beavis and Butthead, you have to have a maximum 3rd grade level brain to like THAT!!!! :eek:

11. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

:lol:

...and I even went to a Comic Book convention in NYC to get a bootleg version, 4 hours long, that includes all the music videos... ;) Oh yeah, I also got an autographed pic from Jasmine Mai http://www.jasminemai.com/ (It's safe, just a lot of bikini-type shots), for which she made out just to me! My friend was lucky enough to get a polariod of her sitting on his lap! :angry:

12. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Just thought I should bring this to the top today. Good Eats and Bless Us. Thanks for all your help thought the year!

13. chrisek

chrisek geek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Taking a friend and my wife to my father's place in Gilroy. Lots of things to be thankful for. My dad is a speedfreak and today will be his first time seeing our Prius. Can't wait to show it off :D

Have a great day with those you care about.

14. eak354

eak354 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    happy gobble day! we gobble lots of turkey and not gas! :p

15. TidelandAZ

TidelandAZ New Member

Same to you! Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the upcoming change in your budget in switching vehicles. Hopefully you'll have your car in the driveway before Santa pays his visit.

16. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone! I hope everyone is able to be with their families today. And to our soldiers overseas I say Thank You!

Right now I'm just waiting for the turkey to finish, otherwise all the food is ready. Still waiting for a few family members to arrive. Watching football in HD and 5.1 is the frosting on the cake!