1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Happy with first tank results

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by jh90206, Mar 19, 2005.

1. jh90206

jh90206 New Member

New owner since mar 8th. down to 2 bars and decided to get gas-old habits are hard to break. the computer said i was getting 41.7mpg and the calc came out to about 45. I am ecstatic about these results. I guess I wasn't expecting it from some of the posts I have seen. I attribute it to some engine break in I guess but mostly driver break in. thanks for all the good info from you folks.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    100 points for not threatening to sue Toyota or asking if your car is broken b/c you didn't get 55mpg on your very first tank of gas!!

BTW, take a look at This Article if you'd like to know how to do even better and what to expect when the weather gets warm!

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    45mpg is excellent results for your first tank. especially at this time of year!!.

keep in mind a few things that might have contributed to those numbers. your first tank was filled by the dealer so you dont know how full it was. my dealer says thats its policy to stop at the first click. so the tank is not most likely as full as you will fill it making your first numbers a bit lower.

my first tank was in the summer and although getting used to the car was a big part i did notice the first tank to be 3-4 mpg lower than the rest.

just to let you know, after nearly 11,000 miles of practice, my winter driving average is just 47 mpg that is in very mild weather where i used the heater probably less than a month total for the entire season so you are doing fabulous for your first tank.

4. jh90206

jh90206 New Member

Thanks for all the points. Where is it I redeem them for Prius products? I will keep you "posted" of how my mileage does.

5. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Blessed are those who receive their Prii in the winter, for they shall see their MPG rise in the Spring and bloom in the Summer. Yea, verily.

BTW, points are basically a sign of (a) how many articles you've posted and (B) the regard for you by your fellow PriusChat members; they won't buy you anything tangible.

But then, money won't buy you love... :)