1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hardwire Dashcam - Acc and VCC

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by idontknow, May 2, 2021.

1. idontknow

idontknow Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius PHV
    Model:
    Business Edition
    I have a DDPai mini 3 dash cam that requires hardwiring.

I have a Ground wire (connect to body), a yellow wire (VCC) and a red wire (ACC).

To which fuses can I safely connect to within the passenger fusebox? One is for constant power and the other is switched with the ignition. I've looked on Google, read the instructions and watched some videos, but still confused.

I will tap P/OUTLET No.1 (15A) as the ACC (Turn on when car engine on) but not sure why fuse for VCC (permanent live). Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. chickenhawk

chickenhawk Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Do you have a multimeter to check for voltages ? I have hardwire all my dashcams to my overhead dome light and mirror/sensor. What you do is for the VCC (constant 12v) wire that to the Red wire of the overhead dome light connector and for the ACC (key on 12v) check which wire will give 12v when turned on with multimeter from connector from the rear view mirror (homelink/garage door open) or sensor that is by the rear view mirror such as lane departure.

One quick question is dose you dashcam hardwire kit come with a box to shut off the cam when the car battery drops to certain voltage ? It should otherwise you will drain your battery dead / see picture below there is switch/box to set voltage to shutoff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]