1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hardwire dashcam from overhead console (pics)

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by joedaddy, Mar 20, 2023.

1. joedaddy

joedaddy New Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Hello. I installed a dashcam in my brothers 21 Prime Premium (?). I had a hard time getting any tips on ign+ wire and ground wire in the sensor location, so I’m attaching couple of pics for future reference/help for others.

You’ll need to tap the 12-pin harness for the LDA plug. The green wire is the IGN+ (pin 10) and the white/black stripe (pin 7) is the ground. I used Posi-taps since I had them laying around.

I bought a harness extender so I don’t have to tap factory wires. Just in case. It was ~$11 from AliX.

No issues with LDA. This is the same two wires that FitCamX taps in their plug. Don’t quote me on this though.

I’ll report back if any issues arises but the 70mai A800S front/rear cam is working well.
    Right now I’m trying to figure out the best way to install the rear cam, but not on the hatch. I don’t like it when the video points to the sky when the hatch is open. I’ve double-taped it to the middle push pin for now, but looking for a better solution. :)

Attached Files: