1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hardwire Sirius for 2005 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by eefficiency, May 8, 2007.

1. eefficiency

eefficiency New Member

B) I was not finding much room in the crowded FM band. I have already invested $$ in a portable Sirius Stiletto tuner w/ MP3 player and did not want to buy another integrated $395 Sirius tuner from Factory Interactive or do an under the care seat retro fix by using a tuner for a Toyota Solara from Metrotpn, a Toyota Internet parts dealer. Nor pay $299 from our friend at Coastaletech for a Viewtech Controller to run any external audio input device through Audio 2. MyRadioStore.com has DITTO just for Sirius integrations with the Prius dash/steering wheel controls, called SoundLinQ Aux Input adapter for $299.

I am going to try an adapter that converts the 12pin satellite port of the Toyota OEM radio to an RCA jack. It is made by PIE (Precision Interface Electronics) @ 800 526 8590. Costs $69 from MyRadioStore. They have tested it to work on the 2006-07 but not my older car. I will also need a RCA to 1/8 head phone plug to complete the connection to my portable Stilletto. Now I can pull the Sirius tuner out of its bayonet mount and clip on the go as the headphones are also a satellite antenna. Stiletto is also an MP3 player that holds 100hr of recorded satellite programming. You can get a home stereo adapter kit,if you haven't already discovered Sirius.com through your computer speakers.

I think I'm covered in 24/7 tunes.....

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two