1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Harmony TV Remote by Logitech

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hdrygas, Apr 1, 2005.

1. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I had to get a new TV after about 19-20 years. The local big box had a deal you get a surround sound system free so I bit and also added digital cable. I then had to use 4 remotes and had to change inputs and outputs to get anything to work. My wife through up her hands and went to the old set down stairs. I asked around and someone recommended the Harmony universal remote. It is pricey (140) but for peace in the family it seemed to be worth it besides my wife wanted to send the HDTV back! I have had a great experience. It not only works everything it has buttons to auto set up everything for watching TV, DVD, CD, VHS radio with the press of one button. The technical support is as good as Apple Care. I had a problem with the digital box freezing up and need to delay turning the digital cable box until after the LCD projection TV warmed up and they helped me out over 2 calls and work the bugs out. Great product and even better service. They deserve some good word of mouth.

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Up until recently (I think March 15th) they had a 25% rebate, so if you bought yours before then and still have your receipt, you should cash in to get your 25% back.

My brother got his and loves it - I think it's going to be around $85 after the rebate. I really wish I had gotten one....

3. madams

madams New Member

I got the Sony 'Commander' which allowed me to do it all! It was expensive ($200) but my wife can successfully turn on the TV or watch a DVD now without me being at home. I set up macros for her so when she presses TV it powers up the dish, turns on and sets the amp and powers up the TV. No brainer. I did the same for the CD, DVD, VCR and IF I get a remote control switch I can set it up to dim the lights in the room when the movie starts.

4. Vernon

Vernon New Member

The Sony works quite well to eliminate the remote clutter. I also use it to control the air conditioner.

5. geckoboi78

geckoboi78 New Member

I too purchased the Logitech Harmony and I love it! Works great with TiVo too!