1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Harry Potter wants a Prius - Turns 18 July 23rd

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by NoMoShocks, Jul 19, 2007.

1. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Daniel Radcliffe wants a Toyota Prius

What Would You Do With $40m? Harry Potter Wants A Prius!
    Filed under: transport — michael @ 4:49 pm
    I know I shouldn’t be calling Daniel Radcliffe, Harry Potter, but the two are interchangeable; and until the world sees him as something else, he’s stuck with with the nagging association.

Anyways, Radcliffe has been receiving loads of attention lately due in large part to his starring role in the London production of Equus. Normally, this would not be cause for sensation, but the pics of Radcliffe posing near-nude in publicity shots and promises of full-body exposures during the run of the show have sent teenage girls and the media into a tizzy. Not to mention that a size-able sum of London will never be able to look at Radcliffe the same way — as the boy Potter — once his innocence is flashed before them. Such is art on stage.
    [attachmentid=9946]

Anyways, besides the latest movie coming out this summer, the last book hitting stores, and Radcliffe’s nudity being challenged by right-wing orgs everywhere, the guy is also turning 18 and looking forward to having access to a trust fund worth almost $40 million dollars. Were does one start? According to Radcliffe, his vehicle of choice is a green one." From the article

But the summer brings an even more pivotal development in his young life: on 23 July, Dan turns 18 and he will get access to his considerable fortune. He’s no flash Harry but reckons he might buy a Toyota Prius (not that he’s passed his test, and not that he’s ‘a real environmentalist - I always forget to turn the lights off’). Or he may indulge his passion for modern art; he loves Jim Hodges’s work, although his favourite artist is Jackson Pollock. He’s also considering buying his own place, and he’s looking forward to going to the pub and holding a pint without fearing the flash of a camera-phone. One thing he won’t be doing, though, is having a party. He’d be useless at organising it, he says, ‘I’m not really a party person. I don’t really know what to do with myself when I’m standing there."

How ’bout that? This wizard’s got some green wheels on his mind; though we’d love to chip in with some advice on the lights and other ways his fortune might help out the world. One step at a time, young Harry, and good luck this summer — I’m rooting that your character will be around to haunt you the rest of your days! Hit the interview for more!

Attached Files:

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    He must have some considerable acting chops if he can handle Equus. That is not an lightweight play. I'll be interested to read the reviews. Rather daring of him (and I don't mean the nudity which is not gratuitous) since you know the critics will be looking for any reason to find fault.

I would think with a $40 million dollar trust fund he could buy the Prius of his choice, buy his house, buy some art and still have enough left to invest and live off the proceedings comfortably for the rest of his life. What I expect he'll do is continue practicing his art. Good actors don't act because they want to, they act because they have to.

3. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Jul 19 2007, 09:16 PM) [snapback]482019[/snapback]</div>

i believe the reviews were all favorable!