1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Harvard Bomb Threat...this idiot should be convicted of "stupidity."

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mike500, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Eldo Kim, Harvard Student, Accused Of Making Campus Bomb Threat

Eldo Kim, Harvard Student, Accused Of Making Campus Bomb Threat​

12/17/13 07:55 PM ET EST [​IMG]

[​IMG]

GET CRIME NEWSLETTERS:
    SUBSCRIBE​
    FOLLOW:
    Video, Eldo Kim, Eldo Kim Bomb Threat, Eldo Kim Harvard, Eldo Kim Harvard Bomb Threat,Harvard Bomb Threat, Harvard Bomb Threat Suspect, Crime News

[​IMG]
    BOSTON (AP) — Bomb threats that led to the evacuations of four Harvard University campus buildings this week were made by a student trying to get out of taking a final exam, federal prosecutors said Tuesday.
    The student, 20-year-old Eldo Kim, sent emails saying bombs had been placed around campus to Harvard police, two university officials and the president of the Harvard Crimson newspaper, according to a criminal complaint filed by the U.S. attorney's office.
    The messages said shrapnel bombs would go off soon in two of four buildings, including one where prosecutors say Kim was supposed to take an exam at 9 a.m. Monday. The buildings, on Harvard's campus in Cambridge, just outside Boston, were shut down for hours before investigators determined there were no explosives.
    Kim, who lives in Cambridge, is to make an initial court appearance Wednesday. It was unknown if he had an attorney.
    Investigators from several agencies searched the campus buildings for hours before determining there were no explosives. One of the buildings was a freshman dormitory; classes are held in the other three.
    Harvard said in a statement it was "saddened" by the allegations in the federal complaint but would have no further comment on the ongoing criminal investigation.
    An FBI affidavit filed Tuesday says Harvard determined Kim had accessed TOR, a free Internet product that assigns a temporary anonymous Internet protocol address, using the university's wireless network.
    The affidavit says Kim told an agent on Monday night he had acted alone and sent the messages to five or six Harvard email addresses he picked at random.
    He said he sent them about half an hour before he was scheduled to take a final in Emerson Hall, one of the buildings threatened, the affidavit says. He said he was in Emerson at 9 a.m. when a fire alarm sounded and he knew his plan had worked, it says.
    Kim said he sent the emails from his laptop computer using TOR and Guerrilla Mail, a free Internet application that creates temporary and anonymous email addresses, the affidavit says.
    The maximum penalties for a bomb hoax are five years in prison and a $250,000 fine, prosecutors said.

If he is an "F1" foreign student, he will likely be deported, after serving his sentence in Federal Prison.

His future is assured...

2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ^ Probably a Computer Science major.

I don't know if I'd lock him up, or just fine the crap out of him and deport his butt.
    You probably won't get much out of him financially, and I'm not sure that justice would be served by paying for his room and board for a few years in a prison.

Send him home.

Just goes to show you that there is a BIIIG difference between education and intelligence. ;)

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    probably get off on affluenza anyway.:cool:

massparanoia and Trebuchet like this.
  4. amm0bob

amm0bob Permanently Junior...

The last place on earth to get cable, Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yep... deport his butt.

5. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    He held dual SK-US citizenship, at least until he gave up his passport for the former to the court.

In the US, he is from my general neighborhood. Please don't send him home, I don't want him back.

6. ETC(SS)

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ^lol!

Well....if he's a US citizen, he's a US citizen.
    I still don't see this as a prison-worthy crime.
    This creep may not have much walking around sense, but he's at least able to read and write a little.

If he's fluent in Korean, maybe about 20,800 hours of community service at minimum wage in a language class....or 200 hours as a consultant for team Obama in managing the health care site.

The only thing tossing him into the federal prison system will do is either give some cretin serving life a new play-toy, or another person raking the gravel in a minimum security joint somebody to talk to.

Or....we could offer him up to SK for a bounty equal to what it would cost to feed and clothe the creep for a year or two.

7. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, yeah...it was INCREDIBLY stupid.

One has to wonder how he got accepted into Harvard.
    Future entrance examinations need to include a question such as:

If you found yourself unprepared for a final exam would you?

A: Cram as hard as possible and do the best you could?

B. Talk to the professor and see if anything could be done?

C: Pose as a terrorist, and phone in a fake deadly bomb scenario.

When I was in High School, I knew a friend that once pulled the fire alarm in an effort to avoid a test in the upcoming period.

It actually worked. But those were simpler times. And that was quite a bit less harmful.

Somebody needs to send this kid a pair of "Bad Idea" jeans. ( Old SNL skit ).

8. ETC(SS)

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    When I worked for the government, we had to deliver a working prototype by a certain drop-dead date to get another slug of money.
    One of our code-slingers actually had an accomplice trip the VESDA (smoke alarm) system forcing a partial evacuation of an undisclosed federal building so that they could work out the last of the bugs.

When everybody returned to the conference room?
    The software guru was leaning back in a swivel chair with his hands folded behind his head and a Cheshire Cat grin on his face.

We got the next slug of money.

Sometimes.....it works. :)

9. DavidA

DavidA Prius owner since July 2009

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    He will never have to take that final exam test. Ever. He's a genius!