1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anybody tried these leather seats?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by kevini, Apr 16, 2007.

1. kevini

kevini New Member

Hi

Has anybody tried these leather seats covers from accessories "r" us. They have a set up on Ebay and the price is good. You can also order them directly over the phone. They should be simple enough to install once you have removed the cloth covers.

I'm ready to pull the trigger and if anyone has tried them I will be interested in their feedback.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-06-Toyot...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.autoaccessoriesrusfl.com/

Kevin

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  3. kevini

kevini New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Apr 16 2007, 01:34 PM) [snapback]424115[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks, thats what I was leaning towards too. Just wondering if anyone has tried these.

Kevin

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    yep, there are several folks here that have used it. Do a search (and be flexible with the search term since the search function here isn't exactly the best).

Or just wait for them to drop by and give their response!

Lastly, welcome to PriusChat!

5. prius2go

prius2go Member

I find the katzkin site almost unworkable
    and auto accessories rus dont reply to ebay mails

depressing :(

6. prius2go

prius2go Member

any results of accessories for us seats? :rolleyes:

7. prius2go

prius2go Member

any results of accessories for us seats? :rolleyes:

8. Virodeath

Virodeath New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(prius2go @ Sep 13 2007, 06:47 PM) [snapback]512214[/snapback]</div>
    I just bought some leather seat covers from them for my 2005. The first set had spots that were missing stiching in the exact same spot on the rear seats & the carpet on the back of the seats were grey instead of tan, I contacted them and he promptly sent me out a new set that were Katzkin. He said they buy manufacture overstock and found it extreamly strange with what I got. He said they do NOT buy seconds or anything like that.

However I have a bigger problem now. I have my car sched. to go in on Wednesday for installation but when I got the Katzkin leather today they are a color called "safari" which I can't find on www.katzkin.com. The color is a tad darker than the original tan color (salsa red exterior & tan interior)... I don't know if I should just accept it as "as close as I'm going to get" or if I should resched. my installation and send this set back as unacceptable..... Also the covers do not have tags that indicate side airbags (isn't that required by law?) or red stiching inside the seats along the seams. The kicker is he will send whatever he has instock so I might not get katzkin again. The first set was very close in color but had the issues with the stiching and carpet color.

Anyone have any ideas???

Viro

9. prius2go

prius2go Member

If i could find a Prius seat shown on the katzkin site I would check it out
    Do you all buy their seats without knowing what they look like?
    it only seems to have generic examples

accessories r us seem to be helpful but again no photos of an actual Prius
    and the colors seem darker gray than normal on the ebay listing

I give up
    :rolleyes:

10. marvmmarv

marvmmarv New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I had a PECCA leather interior installed on my new Prius. The gray color matches perfectly and the fit looks like a factory job. Very satisfied!

I had Katzkins on an earlier car. The material quality was good, but the fit was less than perfect. (Maybe because of the installer.) The PECCA looks much better.

Marv

11. prius2go

prius2go Member

12. godyn

godyn New Member

13. jvierra

jvierra Junior Member

How hard were they to install?

14. godyn

godyn New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jvierra @ Oct 16 2007, 05:46 PM) [snapback]526371[/snapback]</div>
    Mine were pretty easy, just pull over the originals and fit here and there. You do need some patience. -Which I didn't have to much :) -
    I'll see for a picture.