1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has Anyone Cancelled (and/or Re-Ordered)?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by bilofsky, Dec 7, 2011.

1. bilofsky

bilofsky Privolting Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Chevy Volt
    I'm thinking about changing my color, which would require cancelling and placing another pre-order.

The possible pitfalls would be if I cancel and somehow could not re-order, or if the pre-order quota for California has been filled. (I would also lose my place in line, but I'm pretty far back anyway.)

Has anyone gone through this process? If you cancel a confirmed order, do you get another chance?

2. iRun26.2

iRun26.2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Jus curious. What color change are you planning to make?

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i would love to cancel my order with bernardi toyota and reorder with acton (priuschat certified) but they've already told me they won't give me my deposit back and i don't feel like going through the hassle of small claims court.

4. Yogi56

Yogi56 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Toyota's policy is that the deposit is refundable. In California there no such thing as a non refundable deposit, should be the same in your area?

5. greenleaf

greenleaf Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The PiP order website says the deposit is refundable. Complain to Toyota corporate and you should get your deposit back.

6. PriusinME

PriusinME Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have cancelled and reordered because of a different color. No problem.

1 person likes this.
  7. PriusinME

PriusinME Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Your deposit is fully refundable. That dealer can't keep your money.

8. bilofsky

Vehicle:
    2014 Chevy Volt
    Thanks, So after you click the Cancel button online, do you get back to where you can specify your Prius and submit to a dealer again?

9. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it's all well and good, but if they won't give it back, they won't give it back. i doubt they care what toyota corporate says.

10. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    :focus:

Seriously, noone here has considered cancelling their order on a $32,000 to $40,000 car? Are you people crazy? Especially the ones like me that ordered the advanced trim...:rolleyes: Do you realize what $40,000 will buy? Don't tell Dianne, but I'll be considering cancelling right through the 15th of December, which is I guess when the cancel button will disappear.

Personally, I blame PriusChat. Could someone please pass me some more kool-aid? :D

11. gramps

gramps Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have been called crazy. I know what $40,000 will buy, that is why I ordered the base for 'only' $32k. Even still I am considering cancelling all the way up to the vehicles arrival and a "drive it like I stole it " test drive.
    I am also still considering the 2012 Camry Hybrid (I have to see the PIP 1st to make an educated decision).
    I am waiting on the bigger new plug in conversions from Plug in Conversion Corp. for my 09 Prius which just clicked over 26,000 yesterday. Depending on price and performance, the plug in conversion option might make more sense.
    My dealer is aware that I am about 50/50 on actually closing the deal on the PIP and that I am about 75% sure I will get the PIP or the 2012 Camry Hybrid . He is ok with that (if I flake and don't buy it) and he said he would prefer that I back out at the last minute so that the dealership can get their hands on it instead for a demo car.
    So no, ggood you are very sane.

12. SCDrJ

SCDrJ New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You can cancel any time, even once the car hits the lot - you can decide not to take it and get your $500 back.

13. bilofsky

Vehicle:
    2014 Chevy Volt
    The contract in the online Order Summary states:
    "Customer may request a refund of the Initial Deposit from the Dealer at any time after cancellation of his/her order online, without cause, up to the time Closing Documents are executed and/or proffered by Customer and accepted by Dealer. If cancelled before such time, Customer shall be refunded the entire Initial Deposit ..."
    So it would be cancellable up to the time of Closing Documents, which I'm assuming is on delivery.

So I don't know why one would bother cancelling before the car arrives, unless you're absolutely sure you won't take it.

I wonder, if the car arrives and is refused, then does the dealer get it as a bonus on top of his allocation?

14. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Crazy would be if I waited until it is on the lot, flew to LA to take a test drive (even tho I can't take delivery in CA for tax reasons), and then cancelled. :D

Seriously, I'd rather decide sooner than later, so I can move on and let the dealer move on. Of course if they can glom onto it as an extra allocation, maybe the dealer doesn't care.

15. iRun26.2

iRun26.2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    I am having my car shipped from LA. I won't get an option of a test drive. The closest I will come to a test drive is seeing a picture of it here on PriusChat.

I hope I like it! :)

16. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Given the similarity to the regular Prius, a test drive doesn't seem necessary, unless someone's purchase is dependent on how well they like the power seats!

17. iRun26.2

iRun26.2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm getting the standard trim (without the power seats). I haven't driven a Prius newer than my wife's 2005.

I'm confident I will like my PiP!

18. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Test drive a 2011. Big improvement in handling, and some improvement in seating, over the gen II model.

19. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I want it for the commuter lane sticker.

20. moolman

moolman Member

I'm on the fence and really considering canceling my order too. But I'll wait until I see the car in person. A lot of it will depend on gas prices at that time and the horizon for other electric cars. I'm starting to doubt the worth of paying extra for only a 15 mile range.