1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone ever seen this glitch?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Porky Pine, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Porky Pine

Porky Pine New Member

The other day I was at the end of my road waiting to get on the highway. My ICE shut down as normally and traffic on the highway was heavy so I had to wait a little longer to cross traffic. While I was waiting, the ICE started up again. I didn't think much of it but I glanced at the energy screen and it showed me that the electric motor was on and that it was supplying power to the wheels. :Wth:

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    your brake might have only been onlightly. it's putting power to the system just incase you are letting up to take off. If you press a little bit more on your brake, it should go away.

3. Porky Pine

Porky Pine New Member

But, why was the ICE on?

4. Brian

Brian Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Still warming up, wanted to blow out some emission build up in gaskets........can go on and on.

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What was the battery SOC...that would tell us a lot about why it was on.

6. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

you have to press firmly on the brake pedal to stop the flow of current to MG2 and if you do it'll stop the line to the drive motor on the MFD. The current draw seems to be in the order of about 1.7 amps with out the line on and about 2.4 amps with it on. Just watch the MFD and press the pedal a bit harder and watch the line dissapear. Let off and the line will reappear and the car still won't move. Depending on how far you went before stopping and waiting, it could be the ICE wasn't fully warmed up or the BSOC was not high enough or the Catalytic converter wasn't fully warmed up and the O2 sensor said start me up. The only Wth you really have to worry about is the big triangle of death and a few other assorted lights on the dash. MIL, Temp light, Brake warning light etc.