1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone found a way to recalibrate the touch screen?

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by brgotcher, Aug 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. brgotcher

brgotcher New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    I have a 2015 C 3. The touch screen is all over the place. I can't hit any buttons on the bottom of the screen, and anywhere else I have to touch about a half inch below what I actually want. After some googling, it looks like this is a fairly common problem but I haven't been able to find any solutions. Has anybody found a fix for this?

If I end up just having to replace the unit, will I still be able to use the steering wheel controls with a 3rd party unit? Would I lose any other functionality?

Thanks!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    it depends on what you replace it with.

have you checked the service manual? asked a dealer?

3. priustexasbob

priustexasbob Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I have the same exact issue with my 2015 C2. what is happening is the screen get expanded/zoomed in a little and when it does this I have to touch a finger width below the touch button to get it to select and when this is happening it won't let me change devices (bottom left corner).

I have video of it doing this. turning radio off/on or car off/on doesn't help, come back next morning and it seems fine.

4. dubit

dubit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Think a "soft reset" of the the head unit would possibly fix that? (with radio on, press and hold power button till it shuts down and restarts) Bad thing is that soft reset returns EVERYTHING back to factory defaults. So it's that long slug of voice training, radio presets, lights, locks etc that you'd have to go setup again.

5. priustexasbob

priustexasbob Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    thanks dubit. the thing is, it doesn't stay that way, come back out after work or next day and it is fine . . just a pisser if I want to change from using my phone to my tablet to use Pandora.

dubit likes this.