1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone gone 200K miles yet?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by gedster314, Nov 23, 2005.

1. gedster314

gedster314 New Member

My current car has been virtually trouble free for the past 200K miles but it's time for a new car and am thinking about a hybrid. I tend to keep all my cars past the 200K mark. I am currious to know if anyone has gone that far yet and what issues they may have had. I'm worried about the life of the battery pack. They say for the life of the car but I find most manufacturers consider that to be 100K.

Thanks

2. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    By now there are many with over 100K, but the only one I know of personally that's close to 200K is that of Eric Metzler, founder of the toyota-prius Yahoo group ('01). Last I saw him post, he had 177K. I don't think he had had any serious mechanical problems, and none with the battery. Of course, it'll be another five years before any of the American Priuses hits the 10-year mark---but some could have possibly 200-300K miles by then if they remain "intact".

Dr. Evan Fusco, who often posts here, may know more detail about Metzler's Prius, and possibly even about ones with higher mileage.

3. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Take a look at Hybrid Taxi Driver.

4. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There's a 2004 Prius taxi in Vancouver, BC with over 300,000 km so far and no major repairs. Try a search on PriusChat or the web for more information.

5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    hehehe...should be an easy search there...

6. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Heck, yeah. Don't even need to read far enough to get to the part about doing a search. Should I type faster, or just go back to reading?

7. gedster314

gedster314 New Member

All right jerks! I looked up high mileage and 200K miles. No information that applies to my question.

Moderators can ban me. I won't be comming back.

8. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Sounds like you are already we aquainted with being banned from a site?

If you can't take some friendly advice of how to find your info more effectively, your not much good for anybody but yourself anyway!

If you want people to help you to you... "be" helpful!..... no one likes a lazy person!

If you didn't have such an attitude and a chip on your shoulder, and already know so much about being banned, I wouldn't assume you were so lazy, but that you were just new to forums and just made a mistake!

It certainly sounds like someone else besides "everyone out here" is the jerk?

When everyone else has a problem.... it probrably not them but you!

9. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    dude if you want to leave, then leave. my comment was based on post #4 saying do a search when post # 3 posted a minute earlier had provided a link making a search unnecessary. if you take offense to that. then go.

10. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    wow that was quick. What did we do? You just waited for 4 hrs when most people are asleep and then walk away assuming we're too lazy to tell you? Dude, who reads this site in the middle of the night? We all have to sleep you know.