1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone noticing Air Flowing through the driver side door handle?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by highwind, Aug 12, 2009.

1. highwind

highwind Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hello,
    I just recently own a Prius IV. I have been noticing cold air flowing through the driver's side door handle during morning time of driving. If I rest my arm on the arm rest area, I can feel the cold air flowing from the door handle area. I was wondering if it's normal since Prius IV have Plasma Cluster and the filter air was ventilated through door handle?

Thanks!

2. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The car is not airtight. I too notice that air moves through my drivers-side door handle. I find it much more pronounced when the fan is on (Heat or A/C) and the window is slightly open. When this happens, there seems to be almost as much cold air rushing into the cabin from the door handle as there is from the vent.

I am not sure what you mean when you say that Plasma Cluster and Filter Air are ventilated through the door, as this is not the case to my knowlege. I would think that if the system creates a slight vacuum in the car (by venting more air then it pulls in) that this will happen. I have seen it on other cars over the years.

3. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Class Clown

Silicon Valley, CA --- Land of Fruits & Nuts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Another undocumented feature!!! A door handle that stays hot in summer and cold in winter. What will those Toyota Engineers think of next?

Keith

4. TKY

TKY Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Highwind, I have a IV with Solar/MoonRoof; having seen your post earlier, I checked the area around my door handle on a trip into town today. I was on a 65MPH state highway and a 55MPH Interstate freeway. No incoming wind in the vicinity of my door handle. --TK