1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone ordered the perforated leather wheelskin?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by BethlehemPrius, Jan 24, 2007.

1. BethlehemPrius

BethlehemPrius New Member

I was debating ordering the perforated leather wheelskin and wondering if anyone has this and how it looks, turned out vs the plain one?

Thanks!

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Mine is half performated (top and bottom) and half plain (sides). It's all black, not two tone.

I really like it.

BTW when you sew it on, try using a crochet hook to really pull it tight.

3. BethlehemPrius

BethlehemPrius New Member

Thanks for the hint on the installation!

4. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) Hi chriswessner

Can't comment on the Wheelskin - my '07 Package 6 came with the leather-wrapped steering wheel factory installed.

You might want to edit your Profile. The 2007 Prius maximum package is Package 6 which includes factory-installed leather including the leather-wrapped steering wheel [ :D Maybe your keyboard is dyslectic since 9 is an upside-down 6 :D ] Since your steering wheel was not leather-wrapped, you probably have a Package 5 with port-installed leather. I do much prefer a leather-wrapped steering wheel and Wheelskins are excellent goods. Be sure you get the "Prius" size. There are other threads in PriusChat which can offer good tips on Wheelskin installation.

5. siliconhybrid

siliconhybrid Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chriswessner @ Jan 24 2007, 09:46 PM) [snapback]380419[/snapback]</div>

I bought two-tone color: Top-Bottom = Grey regular skin, Sides = Perf skin, black.
    It looks greeeattt..!!
    I'll post a picture soon.

6. Ari

Ari New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Unfortunately, I'll have to give my Wheelskin cover a thumbs down. While the leather seems to be of good quality and it feels great to the touch, the quality of the workmanship is not up to par, at least for a $50 accessory.

Half way through installing it, I noticed that two of the holes where the thread goes are not evenly spaced! All of them are about 1/2" apart, but one pair is only about 1/4" apart. Of course this lands right at the top of the wheel where is is most apparent. If the cover hadn't been a gift and bought online, I would have returned it.

Another issue I have with it is that the thread holes go all around the cover. On our Honda, we got the Honda OEM leather cover and I put it on myself. There are no thread holes where the spokes are located on the steering wheel. The end result looks a lot more "factory" and the cover is a lot tighter. With the Wheelskin they didn't really bother making it a custom cover. It's the right size, but it doesn't take into account the spokes on the steering wheel.

7. gge5

gge5 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I also have a wheelskin - Black on the sides and perforated red on the top & bottom. It looks great! I do have to agree with Ari, though, that the sewing holes are not evenly spaced. In fact, I had to make some of my own holes (on the rear, non-showing side) so that the thread wouldn't go diagonal on me towards the end. But it does look far-and-away better than any other cover I've seen. I think it adds quite a bit to the car's appearance.

8. siliconhybrid

siliconhybrid Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(siliconhybrid @ Jan 26 2007, 02:24 PM) [snapback]381268[/snapback]</div>

Here:

[​IMG]

9. DaveLadely

DaveLadely Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chriswessner @ Jan 24 2007, 09:46 PM) [snapback]380419[/snapback]</div>
    :unsure:
    I am planning to order the two tone perforated cover for my 2007 Prius from eAutoworks.com, for $39.95 tomorrow. I bought one for another car a year ago, looked very good and pro.
    later
    Dave